Help Us Build a Vantage! (Knife Giveaway)

Choose the best configuration!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i like ffg but only if the stock is thin enough to get the real benefit of it. otherwise a closer to flat ground hollow grind i like on this knife.

I'm in the same camp, in that I like flat grinds when the stock is thin enough and a good hollow grind when the stock isn't so thin. I don't like Buck's Impact (or the other two in that group) because the contour is only about half the blade height. The stock might be 1" from spine to edge, but it's only ground from about 1/2" to the edge.

Here's a visual...

How much sharpening can the flat grind take before needing to be reground compared to the hollow? The flat grind (red) is behind the hollow grind in the second photo.

I'm not suggesting these are actual dimensions used for this knife, but just a visual representation of the difference. These are to scale with a blade thickness of .120" and a blade height of 1.05". The grind starts approximately 3/16" below the spine.

ff v ho (002).jpg

overlay
ff v ho 2 (002).jpg

I voted M390 and marbled carbon fiber. I'd prefer a satin or stonewashed finish.

And boy does that render look lovely. If you end up doing Micarta, choose a natural or bone color.

I enjoyed the anticipation of the last one of these you did, even though I got none of my choices. :)

Can you ask them to do one with serrations :D
I think I lost mine :(

Just kidding of course. That black/black rendering looks :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

M390
Ti liners
satin blade
Ironwood or OD canvas micarta but only without plastic
with plastic CF

I'm in for tumbled S35vn and Ironwood.
Am I crazy to suggest a scandi grind?
I'm probably going to be be buying a 110 off of SKblades very soon, too!

Last day of voting is tomorrow and then we will start the rendition process with the winning combinations. I'm looking forward to some fresh projects. We are very nearly out of stock in 3 knives and need some new blood!

well it looks like I am too late but I voted Elmax and S35Vn for the steels. Stonewash for the finish. A neutral micarta would be awesome. Tan, muted green. Something like that.

Last day of voting is tomorrow and then we will start the rendition process with the winning combinations. I'm looking forward to some fresh projects. We are very nearly out of stock in 3 knives and need some new blood!

do we have a final idea yet? Sounds very interesting. I'm still considering one of your current in stock lol....

do we have a final idea yet? Sounds very interesting. I'm still considering one of your current in stock lol....
We know we are going with Micarta even though Ironwood had the final winning number. Reason being is that we would have to do the plastic border with Ironwood. So next is figuring out a color. It's down to the suggested colors in this thread. I know that the 2 carbon fibers together are greater than both, but I think Micarta wins! Also, the blade will be stonewashed (unless the render looks awful) and we'll be doing the M390 steel, or whatever the US equivalent is.

We know we are going with Micarta even though Ironwood had the final winning number. Reason being is that we would have to do the plastic border with Ironwood. So next is figuring out a color. It's down to the suggested colors in this thread. I know that the 2 carbon fibers together are greater than both, but I think Micarta wins! Also, the blade will be stonewashed (unless the render looks awful) and we'll be doing the M390 steel, or whatever the US equivalent is.

thanks for keeping us up to date! Excellent choice going away from plastic as I'm sure many will agree. M390/20CV/204P are essentially the same steels.... the 2nd and 3rd being made in the USA. Stonewashing is also excellent! Can't wait to see what it might look like

I am okay with these options, absolutely!

And "Titan" Blue (really a blue and black combination if you look close) is my first choice. It's an amazing color!!!

Sounds good to me if you can avoid the plastic border on the grips. So put me down for burgundy micarta!

Will the liner frame be assembled with screws or drive pins, underneath the scales?

Back