Help Us Build a Vantage! (Knife Giveaway)

Choose the best configuration!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is something I consider quite seriously with our knives. I would like to think that we've brought premium models out for more affordable prices with our projects. I like the idea of premium but affordable. I don't think we are going to alter that model, and sales say that we are on to something. We wouldn't release a Vantage that would cost an "arm and a leg". I'd like to think we haven't done any like that! :) Your insight is valuable information, so thanks for posting.
I think you have done a great job generating interest in your projects and in the end sales, by opening it up to us to help in the decision process. I know even if I don't get everything I pick, it will still turn out great and it will be worth the price. Being part of the process makes it special for me. I have a high end price I won't cross, but you have not approached that yet.

Always liked the Vantage. Could drive yourself crazy with the great options, but voted, Elmax, DCL coating, with lightning strike CF, orange liners would accent everything nicely too, also would like to see a Vantage with a wider pocket clip.

S90V steel, green micarta handles, and cerakote(green, gray, or black). Black pocket clip as well.
Thanks for the opportunity.

John

I think there is room for a seriously upgraded version as long as the run is kept low. .say 250 or less. Some buyers will never, ever use it and are concerned with collectabilty and with a eye to increased value. A lower number made will help that happen. On the other hand some folks will open the package and run to find something to cut! So far SK has has did a great job as witnessed by there success and the popularity of there knives. I'm so glad you made the D2 Ranger! The same with the BG42 301 club knife. I do not collect 300 series but when I heard that Buck would make it I made sure that I got my order in because I knew it was my only chance to ever buy a 301 with any super steel. I've never seen one for sale either so I'm sure lots of people feel the same way. If the final price point is is reasonable for the value received, in whatever configuration, it will sell.

S90v Satin and LSCF - I'm clearly in the minority on all counts but it would be AWWWWWESOMMMME!

Follow up question: Will the handle be constructed like the Force models or more like the Pro models? Is there a difference in width between the two? I love the design of the Vantage models, but the handle on the Pro model, which I own, seems on the thin side. I haven't handled a Force model, but the handle design seems to be a bit thicker and seems like it would fill the hand more.
Thanks for the response. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

John

Last edited:
I voted for S35VN, Ironwood, Satin finish. After reading about about M390 steel I’d probably change my vote.

What abput a high glad grind with a 2-toned finish? Satin grind with mirrored flats!

I voted for M390 and either of the carbon fiber options!! Been looking to add a Vantage recently after picking the knife hobby back up.

Finally stumbled in and voted. I was happy to see my choices were the top picks in steel and handle. My first choice for finish would be stonewashed but would also like to see a DLC version.
M390 and ironwood would be just perfect!!!

Follow up question: Will the handle be constructed like the Force models or more like the Pro models? Is there a difference in width between the two? I love the design of the Vantage models, but the handle on the Pro model, which I own, seems on the thin side. I haven't handled a Force model, but the handle design seems to be a bit thicker and seems like it would fill the hand more.
Thanks for the response. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

John

I think regardless of which material is chosen (two leaders are carbon fiber and ironwood) we would go with the pro version! Working on getting renders done of both right now.

Back