HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

Nice thing to do, thanks. Might get lucky, after the last week, things have to get better.

Fantastic contest:):D:thumbup:

Did you know that an HI medallion has the magical power to summon a 200' mechanical Chuck Norris killbot? Also, a tribe on 9' tall Mr. T-like creatures dwell deep within Robochuck's beard (composed out of 20' lengths of copper pipe) It's true....well, maybe not.

At the very least you can lie to your friends, and tell them that you won a metal in the Himalayan Olympics. If they claim to have never heard about the Himalayan Olympics, tell them that it is a vast conspiracy by the Mainstream Media to cover up anything awesome. If that doesn't work, try brandishing a 20" khuk. Surprisingly, more people will nod in agreement with whatever you say when you're holding 2.5lbs of gleaming steel ;)

It is true, HI meddalions do summon Chuck. But just regular sized Chuck, just as effective as 200' robochuck.

BTW, Chuck Norris's beard is made from indestructible kryptonite alloy.

I was going to name my son Chuck, but decided this would work against me in the future when it came to trying to discipline him.

The Iraqi war could have been avoided if Saddam Hussein had been sent a picture of Chuck with the caption "Try me".
But the Sectretary of Defence thought this was too harsh. He was probably right.

The reason Dr Manhattan talks so quietly is because Chuck Norris told him to.

It is said that the world is the Devil's playground. Wrong!

Either 1" steel plate or a Walker Texas Ranger T-shirt are great substitutes for kevlar. In fact, the shirt is better.

Bruise!:)

Hey, if that's all it takes to get you to pop in from time to time.. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE (just pay shipping and handling)

I think Betty was born in Kingsport,Tn., just 45 miles down the road from me. May be there will be some karmantic influence in my favor.
Uplander

My brother named his AR15 Betty.

Some claim the song "Black Betty" "is derived from an 18th century marching cadence about a flint-lock musket with a black painted stock; the "bam-ba-lam" lyric referring to the sound of the gunfire. Soldiers in the field were said to be "hugging Black Betty". In this interpretation, the rifle was superseded by its "child", a rifle with an unpainted walnut stock known as a "Brown Bess".

More info here...

I was sitting in the Doc's office a-waiting my turn, and reading a book I had picked up at Borders and in the section About Early Celtic Blades it said that Bladesmiths would bury in the ground the metal that they were going to use for the blades, wait 2 or 3 years then dig it up, and see where the corrosion and such was present and discard the "rotten" portions.
I have never heard of this.....
Anybody else have more info?
Thanks,
Ed

It's called seasoning the metal. All metal seasons to one degree or another. Basically, the metal stabilizes its structure, and the less desirable elements rust off. Ever hear people say how much better old axe heads are than new ones? It's not because they used better metal (they didn't) it's that the metal has been seasoning for decades.

This is a very common practice with all things cast iron. Engine blocks and machinery parts are cast, then left outside in the elements for two years before being used.

When I bought cast iron ankle blocks and knees for machining, I just threw them in the back yard for 6-9 months, then ground off the rust and ground them parallel and square, and they were extremely stable.

<insert witty comment here to cover up for greedy multi-post>

So... ummm.... how about that weather huh? Huh?!

Still can't get over how a nice a gesture this is... not even Christmas or anything...

OK, I admit that was just wrong.

Here's one for pageophile for being such a nice guy.

[youtube]lGQQdEciPvE&hl[/youtube]

Back