Recommendation? High-end production titanium flippers with blade length ≥3.75"? (picked one, post 79)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Dadpool, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    That's the ticket. Thank you! :thumbsup:

I do wonder about the prominent lockbar release jimping in-hand (which I've seen some reviewers mention), but in my head it looks like it lands in a spot where it probably won't be an issue.

2. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    You do feel it more than the XM’s but to me it’s really only noticeable upon unlocking. That said, mine isn’t a user so your milage will definitely vary.

Dadpool likes this.
  3. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Check out the Vero Engineering Synapse Xl. Nice equipment.

Dadpool likes this.
  4. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    That is nice! I love a good bolster lock. :)

One of the things I'm noticing a lot of the knives in this thread have in common is "availability challenges." :D Which makes sense, given that a lot of them are produced in relatively small batches.

5. grybsh7

Mar 5, 2007
    It is a pain in the rear collecting expensive knives!:D

ferider and Dadpool like this.
  6. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    LOL, I'm not complaining -- just observing. ;) I'm used to knives I can buy in like 10 different places, or that I stumble across on the Exchange. Knives you can only buy after turning three times widdershins, lighting incense, and praying to Instagrammus to bless you with a timely notification are a new area for me. :D

grybsh7 likes this.
  7. grybsh7

Mar 5, 2007
    Yeah I know exactly what your talking about. I paid a little extra for my Synapse Xl.
    I'm dumb like that.:D
    Really It was fine with me, I got what I wanted when I wanted it.

Dadpool likes this.
  8. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    PXL_20210302_223235485_copy_1429x672.jpg Bodega with 3.5" XM

and again, the other way
    PXL_20210302_223727289_copy_1340x655.jpg

d762nato, Ironbut, JAB and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
  10. mds694

mds694

Jan 3, 2015
    And then immediately regret it followed by a massive loss in value and end up with the Shiro anyways...ask me how I know.

ArchVV likes this.
  11. stonproject

stonproject

Nov 22, 2013
    I think the megalodon is a really under rated knife. Extremely smooth, well thought out design

sgt1372 and Dadpool like this.
  12. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg Three suggestions: Ryan Vorpal with G-Mascus buttons, Harsey/Fantoni HB-01 in S-125-V, and Brian Tighe TigheRod with Kleck Lock and match striker blade.

Dadpool likes this.
  13. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I personally don't like most shiros. So everyone has different tastes.

evilgreg likes this.
  14. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Interesting suggestions, thank you!

15. Spears

Spears

Jan 30, 2007
    T4000 anyone (Bharucha design made by Reate)?

I think it's a pretty underrated model and I've considered getting one myself.

Dadpool likes this.
  16. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I hate you. I miss my mini Tighe Rod so much. Someday I'll have a medium one! Someday!

17. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    I haven't seen a Bharucha design that really speaks to me yet, but this is a neat knife. Thanks for the suggestion!

18. Spears

Spears

Jan 30, 2007
    I agree, a lot of his designs are quite eccentric. Though, I do appreciate that quite a few designs have the edge below the handle.

My major beef is with clip placement. They always seem like an afterthought for real carry as the handle sticks out way more than I'd like.

Dadpool likes this.
  19. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    I spent a ton of time researching all of the many options in this thread, which meant lots of enjoyable evenings watching reviews, doing size comparisons, and gazing off into the middle distance.

What shook out was that for me the Hoback Husky was the right choice! So I got over myself on the religious etch and ordered one. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I came veeeery close to pulling the trigger on an Olamic Rainmaker, Begg Steelcraft Bodega, Reate K2, Hinderer XM-24, and several others -- and even considered a Praetorian T, despite it not being a flipper. I wouldn't have been able to evaluate so many knives, or consider so many options from a new perspective (get out of my head a bit, you know?), without all of your help. Thank you so much! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This knife is a monster, and as expected at this price point it's well thought-out, perfectly executed, and flawless in its fit and finish. It has a presence to it that's unlike almost any other knife I've owned. And true to my own answer to the question "What does my heart want when I think of a Big Knife?" it is 100% a Big Knife: a 1/4"-thick 3.75" Nitro-V blade, 1/4" Ti lock-side scale, 1/4" micarta show scale, and 9.5 oz. I showed it to my lightweight basketball shorts and they burst into tears. :D

20. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Great choice. Looks awesome.

Dadpool likes this.