Recommendation? High-end production titanium flippers with blade length ≥3.75"? (picked one, post 79)

I got ya, fam (Field Marshall included for good measure:D-the handle is actually about the same as the Bodega but the blade’s larger.)
Cg57RZd.jpg

That's the ticket. Thank you! :thumbsup:

I do wonder about the prominent lockbar release jimping in-hand (which I've seen some reviewers mention), but in my head it looks like it lands in a spot where it probably won't be an issue.

That's the ticket. Thank you! :thumbsup:

I do wonder about the prominent lockbar release jimping in-hand (which I've seen some reviewers mention), but in my head it looks like it lands in a spot where it probably won't be an issue.
You do feel it more than the XM’s but to me it’s really only noticeable upon unlocking. That said, mine isn’t a user so your milage will definitely vary.

Check out the Vero Engineering Synapse Xl. Nice equipment.

That is nice! I love a good bolster lock. :)

One of the things I'm noticing a lot of the knives in this thread have in common is "availability challenges." :D Which makes sense, given that a lot of them are produced in relatively small batches.

It is a pain in the rear collecting expensive knives!:D

LOL, I'm not complaining -- just observing. ;) I'm used to knives I can buy in like 10 different places, or that I stumble across on the Exchange. Knives you can only buy after turning three times widdershins, lighting incense, and praying to Instagrammus to bless you with a timely notification are a new area for me. :D

Yeah I know exactly what your talking about. I paid a little extra for my Synapse Xl.
I'm dumb like that.:D
Really It was fine with me, I got what I wanted when I wanted it.

A few suggestions that immediately come to mind from my collection:

Real Steel Megalodon (3.875") M390 Ti/Ti
Hinderer XM-24 (4.00") G10/Ti M390
ZT-0452 (4.10") CF/Ti S35VN (and the G10/Ti GLD and CF/Ti BLU which are both M390 Sprints)
ZT-0560 (3.75") G10/Ti Elmax

--------------------------------

The Megalodon is my favorite as an EDC and is the "best buy" IMO. Versatile drop point blade shape, relatively light weight and slim profile.

The 0452 is my favorite for "style." Easy to pocket but not well suited as a general EDC due to it's straight spear-like blade but, then again, that's what makes it look cool. ;)

I only own the 3 variations mentioned but there are at least 3 others that I can think of off-hand, including a plain Ti/Ti, blue Ti/Ti and Glow/Ti that I think all use S35VN steel like the basic CF/Ti model which do/did not appeal to me but may appeal to others.

The Hinderer and 0560 are both impressive for their bulk/size. Real workhorses if you actually intend to "use" them but not something you'd want to carry in your pocket much as an EDC due to their size/weight.

I think the megalodon is a really under rated knife. Extremely smooth, well thought out design

image.jpeg Three suggestions: Ryan Vorpal with G-Mascus buttons, Harsey/Fantoni HB-01 in S-125-V, and Brian Tighe TigheRod with Kleck Lock and match striker blade.

T4000 anyone (Bharucha design made by Reate)?

I think it's a pretty underrated model and I've considered getting one myself.

T4000 anyone (Bharucha design made by Reate)?

I think it's a pretty underrated model and I've considered getting one myself.

I haven't seen a Bharucha design that really speaks to me yet, but this is a neat knife. Thanks for the suggestion!

I haven't seen a Bharucha design that really speaks to me yet, but this is a neat knife. Thanks for the suggestion!

I agree, a lot of his designs are quite eccentric. Though, I do appreciate that quite a few designs have the edge below the handle.

My major beef is with clip placement. They always seem like an afterthought for real carry as the handle sticks out way more than I'd like.

I spent a ton of time researching all of the many options in this thread, which meant lots of enjoyable evenings watching reviews, doing size comparisons, and gazing off into the middle distance.

What shook out was that for me the Hoback Husky was the right choice! So I got over myself on the religious etch and ordered one. :D

u0LC3Yd.jpg

kuygMQv.jpg

I came veeeery close to pulling the trigger on an Olamic Rainmaker, Begg Steelcraft Bodega, Reate K2, Hinderer XM-24, and several others -- and even considered a Praetorian T, despite it not being a flipper. I wouldn't have been able to evaluate so many knives, or consider so many options from a new perspective (get out of my head a bit, you know?), without all of your help. Thank you so much! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This knife is a monster, and as expected at this price point it's well thought-out, perfectly executed, and flawless in its fit and finish. It has a presence to it that's unlike almost any other knife I've owned. And true to my own answer to the question "What does my heart want when I think of a Big Knife?" it is 100% a Big Knife: a 1/4"-thick 3.75" Nitro-V blade, 1/4" Ti lock-side scale, 1/4" micarta show scale, and 9.5 oz. I showed it to my lightweight basketball shorts and they burst into tears. :D

Back