Hinderer Skinnys

I wish they would make it without the tri-way pivot. Maybe someday but I really don't see them moving away from the tri-way.

Tri-way is one of the biggest reasons I own 8 tri-ways. Tri-way is when I really got into them. Handled a lot of previous gens that didn’t flip like ma ZTs. Some were downright bad. Gen6 is the best Hinderer yet.
Bearings or bust. ymmv

Yeah, there's no comparison between the current generation of Hinderers and previous ones (though I loved those as well). There's not going back, nor should there be. If you like teflon washers, you've still got em.

Triway 4 eva.

JS5Lj0J.jpg

Looks like the first batch of 3" Skinnys will be sheepsfoot. I was hoping for slicer, and will hold off on one until those release. $375

Gonna have to get one, then I’ll get a slicer when they come out, assuming it’s a good liner lock setup..

Pick the color you really want now because there won’t be hardware or scales available for these in probably a year or more!

Another one-spec off for me. With the liner lock and G10 on both sides it will be a pocket ripper like my Slippy was. Lesson learned on that one. Cheers to all you guys who are going to snatch one up though.

8459DC51-F1F7-4D69-BFEC-806AD522A0FA.jpeg I know it’s not a real Hinderer, but the ZT 562 CF is thinner than the “fatty” but it’s still not a “skinny”.
The following is from a video of the different Hinderers and my measurements of the ZT.

Fat Hinderer blade- .165, scales- .53
Skinny blade- .136, scales- .44
ZT blade- .155, scales- .49

The ZT splits the difference in overall width but its blade thickness is closer to the “fatty’s”. And the ZT is much less expensive but still has a 20CV blade.

Disclaimer: this is the best info I could find.

.165" is the standard blade stock thickness on the Hinderer 3.5" XM and Fulltrack (plus a few others I believe), the 3.5" fattys have .18" thick blades, the same stock thickness as the XM-24. So the 0562 is slightly thinner than the standard XM-18.

Hinderer 3" Sheepsfoot Skinny liner locks shipping out to dealers this week per his instagram post.

These will start landing at dealers on Tuesday 05/07/2019 but quantities in the first round will be really limited. More will hit dealers 7 days later so if you miss out you have another week and should be able to get one a lot easier. Blade thickness on these is 0.125" we will know more specs tomorrow when they arrive. Hope this helps!

These will start landing at dealers on Tuesday 05/07/2019 but quantities in the first round will be really limited. More will hit dealers 7 days later so if you miss out you have another week and should be able to get one a lot easier. Blade thickness on these is 0.125" we will know more specs tomorrow when they arrive. Hope this helps!
Can’t wait to see these. Are you going to make a video? :)

Well, 100% of mine have had lock flex, and the lock placement and design leave no question as to why that's the case. They would be okay as a work knife but I think there's a ton of better options than a $425 Hinderer, even price blind.

Not to be rude, but I don't buy it that every single one of yours is completely without lock flex. Just based on where the lock bar engages the blade tang and the big gap in the lock bar cut virtually guarantees that any force on the lockbar pushes nearly perpendicular to the lock rather than axially, and the lock will flex as a result. Really crank on your blades with static hand pressure to test for vertical play and I'd bet you feel/hear the shift, too. If you don't push very hard it'll probably feel like a bank vault.

Again, they're fine knives, but not because they're "built like tanks".
Mine are tanks with no flex either.

Mine are tanks with no flex either.

Got to agree. I've read these several posts in this thread alleging "lock flex", and now, having acquired 5 Triway Pivot Hinderers, including two 3" models and one 3.5" skinny model (i.e. the ones with the thinnest lock bars), I must say that I can't find a hint of "lock flex" on any of them. There is no movement in the pivot whatsoever. They are as "rock solid" as I can imagine a folding knife being.

At this point I gotta call BS on the spurious claim that "lock flex" is inherent in the design. It isn't. That's simply a false claim. Maybe there are some odd models with mistakes in them out there that some folks have run into (which I believe RHK would make right if they were sent in for service, they have a good track record), but any such examples are a minute minority, which is why virtually none have been produced. The massive majority have no issues whatsoever. Simple as that.

And yes, I've "really cranked" on them.

Back