In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

The handles are factory finished, so no need for sanding. Some users may want to do a little sanding to remove micro-lips of the wood peeking above the scales on some examples, but it's so slight that it's not at all necessary, unlike with fully in-the-rough machetes with the scales standing significantly proud of the tang. Doing the grinding doesn't take much out of me physically--it's moving all the dang things that does! Over a 1000lbs of machetes. Moving them indoors did a number on my back. :p

I noticed that the wooden handles look quite nice. When I get one of these I want to pimp the blade out and post a photo.

Wondering if anyone has made a sheath attempt yet. I've been meaning to but haven't. I was thinking thin wood, like perhaps some old paneling cut to pattern and some sort of wood or foam spacer, once you had something functional it could always be embellished., painted, covered with thin leather, etc.. would think just leather would be too flimsy? Any opinions, patterns, advice, or perhaps a completed project?

60mil HDPE:

43009874_10216853895488124_3602716677822742528_o.jpg

The final version will be a little more refined, with more rivets.

Yeah it's 1075. 1095 would be kind of a step down for a machete, actually. Would just make it more finicky to heat treat right without adding anything to the performance since it'd be run in the same hardness range.

WOOHOO! .... got mine today! its FANTASTIC!

I do have 1 little concern though.... I pre ordered 2, with special treatment deluxe ..... paypal shipping email said the full order was shipped.... but when I opened my ( undamaged ) box, there was only 1 inside?!?.....

Is this a way to get more folks covered with them quicker? send 1 to everyone then backtrack after everyone has one and send out the extras? seems like that would be murder on the shipping charges but what do I know....

SHOULD I have gotten both in the same box? cause I didn't LOL ......

Any news would set a troubled mind at ease....

( just quasi concerned beause you are usually very up front with the communication, and I do not recall reading anything on any of the 3 or so forums I've been tracking these on that said anything about split shipment )

Seller
Baryonyx Knife Company, LLC
baryonyxknife@yahoo.com

Shipping address -
Hawgsnawt
Commerce,TX
United States

Shipping details
Mailing date: Oct 26, 2018
Shipper: U.S. Postal Service
Tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Service type: Priority Mail® service(1-3 days)
Shipping Status: Shipped
Insured: Yes - please contact the seller if you need to file a shipping claim

Description Unit price Qty Amount

$82.80 USD $82.80 USD
Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
Insurance $0.00 USD
Tax $0.00 USD
Total $82.80 USD
Payment $82.80 USD

Last edited:
OOPS! :eek: Yeah, that'd be an error on my part. Will get the other one right out to ya'. As a note, emailing stuff like this to sales@baryonyxknife.com would probably be a better way of checking in about stuff like this. ;)

Back