INFI Ratmandu With Full-Height Flat Grind! . . .Wed. 8-7-19 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!. . (Cool Pics)

View attachment 1228975 I noticed mine didn’t have a sharpening sheet. Weird heh.
I did make a temp sheath. Don’t be jealous.
I’ve made a few like that over the last few years lol! It works for what you need it for. The tek lok is an added bonus that I have yet to add to a duck tape sheath though lol

Here's my temp sheath.
LHcqJvr.jpg

UNctGMe.jpg

I got mine yesterday, great looking, great feeling (tan canvas/DCBB and a green canvas/Muddy Brown...I believe the handle scales are thicker on the FFG than the originals by feel and by visual comparison, they just feel dif'ernt...just another excuse to hand-smooth some micarta!!!

C

I got mine yesterday, great looking, great feeling (tan canvas/DCBB and a green canvas/Muddy Brown...I believe the handle scales are thicker on the FFG than the originals by feel and by visual comparison, they just feel dif'ernt...just another excuse to hand-smooth some micarta!!!

C
I'll take some photos if i ever get a chance, but my original RMD's have tapering toward the guard that makes the handles slimmer for sheath insertion - I cannot fit the FFG version into the leather or kydex sheaths I use for the original due to this difference. I may taper the micarta on one of my new ones to see how it goes. Getting this FFG version reminded me of how much I love the RMD :thumbsup:

I'll take some photos if i ever get a chance, but my original RMD's have tapering toward the guard that makes the handles slimmer for sheath insertion - I cannot fit the FFG version into the leather or kydex sheaths I use for the original due to this difference. I may taper the micarta on one of my new ones to see how it goes. Getting this FFG version reminded me of how much I love the RMD :thumbsup:
Some photos below, apologies for the poor quality. I plan to lightly oil the new green and brown micarta to see the color before I decide on which of these 5 RMDs to keep vs sell. I did some measuring - the DC FFG is 0.187" thick which is identical to the coated original RMDs, while the new coated FFG models end up 0.010" thicker on account of the coating (0.005" thick layer over both sides of the entire blank). So the steel on the FFG INFI RMD is slightly thicker than the original SR101 model.
I also measured the handle-thickness to see if the scales themselves were thicker and they are not. The tang-hole placement is slightly different, and the sweep of the blade is a little wider on the new models... I haven't tested weight but expect it to be very similar.
The edge on the DC FFG blade is ~0.030" in the main portion of the belly and 0.040" up the sweep to the tip.
You can see the tapering vs lack of tapering of the scales at the guard which prevents sheath interchangeability:

ufFlpnK.jpg
jhZcHsK.jpg
XEATya2.jpg

bktyM7d.jpg
VEAfh9B.jpg
Ln0tfor.jpg
UOLMKmc.jpg
o1ZhwG0.jpg
tJFAKMk.jpg
7LI6JWn.jpg

I got mine a bit ago and it is nice! Satin with natural micarta. I took some pics comparing it to my fhfg ratmandu satin in sr -101, also known as ratmandu se. The original has a convex edge which is pretty cool. They have a few slight differences but overall are pretty similar. I don’t know if I could pick a favorite.
wHWRwA1.jpg

MBetUHv.jpg

SsOfWKE.jpg

Sheath came from David much sooner than expected. I guess I can shelve my own creation for a rainy day hah. It’s perfect!

my lighting is terrible though. Also the photos rotated weird. I’ll try and fix later.

FEDE26B6-E1CF-41BA-AD55-D2425CB3B4EE.jpeg 473828A2-1C52-41A5-A558-02EF7DAB59E0.jpeg C9EDB87C-A9BC-4DEF-88C4-E843A66741B5.jpeg

Such a great knife. Whatever happened to the what busse are you carrying thread? I can't find it on mobile.

Af8YqPV.jpg

Back