Introducing The 535 Bugout

Standard 3-hole. I only drilled and set threaded bushings for 2 as I prefer the deep carry.

Well, the second 535 just came in the mail. The first one was missing a washer on one side of the blade and was returned. In the comments of the order form, I asked the dealer to look over the knife to make sure everything is ok with it before sending it out.

I opened the package, and the first thing I did was to check that the tape was cut on the side of the box. It was, so that told me they did check the knife before shipping it. Going over the knife, the centering is absolutely dead on. Axis lock is smooth and works as it should. There is no horizontal or vertical blade play at all. The knife is like a razor and the grinds on both sides of the blade are even. It's a perfect knife.

I am so glad I decided to try this knife one more time. I love everything about it. I really like the blue scales and accents. It just looks great. This is going in the pocket and will get a lot of use. I'm very happy with this purchase. Thank you, Benchmade, for this little gem of a knife.

I also wanted to add that it was DLT Trading who I bought the knives from to give them credit for their great customer service and support. Thank you, DLT Trading.

Almost complete. Minor detials to touch up. Good enough for pics.

Hints of blue in the carbon fiber shred. It did not show in this light. It is not very pronounced.

PS - Thanks to DOAT for helping me out with the Blue CF shred slabs!
3TMdboA.jpg

4ntLuet.jpg

zz5a2nx.jpg

2eqWe55.jpg
Almost complete. Minor detials to touch up. Good enough for pics.

Hints of blue in the carbon fiber shred. It did not show in this light. It is not very pronounced.

PS - Thanks to DOAT for helping me out with the Blue CF shred slabs!
3TMdboA.jpg

4ntLuet.jpg

zz5a2nx.jpg

2eqWe55.jpg
Hello
Your scales are beautiful, or can find them for sale, thanks for your reply

PCguy23, who is making your scales? Maybe you can point Philliat in the right direction.

Philliat, I really cant make scales to sell anymore. Takes way too much tome for me as I buikd them by hand. Keyman, DOAT, Igord and others are better set-up to make them.

Keyman maybe making them for the BM535 and Igord may as well. DOAT is not at this time that I know of, but he does really awesome work the the griptillian and BM940x.

I am glad many can appreciate the scales. They are a lot of work for me and I am proud to carry something I hand made.

How's the stock covers on the 535 as far as flex? Do they feel sturdy in hand?

I just lucked into one of these in a brick and mortar store on Monday. What a great knife!

Factor, the handles don't have nearly the flex the videos I watched led me to believe they have. I think it's a "solid-feeling" knife, albeit, very light.

I was a bit worried about the flex as well, but all my concerns went out the window when I was able to handle one in person.

Handled one of these at my local brick and mortar. The scales do flex if you squeeze them, no doubt about it. BUT, you have to squeeze them in a spot that really has no bearing on the function of the knife. It's also bigger than I thought it'd be.

Looks like a hell of a slicer... If they ever come out with a 535-1 with maybe M390 or other current steel, I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

I just lucked into one of these in a brick and mortar store on Monday. What a great knife!

Factor, the handles don't have nearly the flex the videos I watched led me to believe they have. I think it's a "solid-feeling" knife, albeit, very light.

I was a bit worried about the flex as well, but all my concerns went out the window when I was able to handle one in person.
Thanks good to know as I was very concerned about that :thumbsup:
But those videos you have to take with a grain of salt sorta speak . I've seen one on a another knife " tactical " and the guy was beating on it like a lunatic lol causing the lock bar to fail . What he was doing I wouldn't of even done to a fix blade .

Last edited:
Handled one of these at my local brick and mortar. The scales do flex if you squeeze them, no doubt about it. BUT, you have to squeeze them in a spot that really has no bearing on the function of the knife. It's also bigger than I thought it'd be.

Looks like a hell of a slicer... If they ever come out with a 535-1 with maybe M390 or other current steel, I'll buy one in a heartbeat.
I'm sure then if that's the case in normal use what the knife was designed for you wouldn't even notice any flex .

I haven't had a Benchmade in quite a while, but there is something about this one. I think I will need to try it out.

Back