Introducing The 535 Bugout

My wallet really hopes that is not a bugout. But every other part of me says YESS!! I'm not a fan of dlc blades myself but I'm really excited for more options to come out. I think they could really expand on this platform. That's definitely more grivory though. That's for sure. Only one week to find out.

I agree about the wallet thing, haha. But hate to tell you it's gotta be a 535 Bugout. With the tang like that and grivory handles I don't see what other model it could be.

When is this hitting the shelves? Is it at Benchmade or a vendor?

According to Benchmade’s IG post it will be released April 26. That’s all that’s been said. The way it was phrased “adding touch of class” and the gold looking thumb studs, maybe a gold class Bugout? Kind of a strange move if so. Figured they’d just come out with different colors first vs making a gold class version so soon. Guess we’ll find out in a few days.

Last edited:
I don’t need a new Bugout. I don’t need a new Bugout. I don’t need a new Bugout...

Cool release by Benchmade. Think the thumbstud and spacers would have looked better “smoke grey” instead of gold. But otherwise an awesome looking knife. I don’t appreciate the temptation though lol

Just pulled the trigger also to pre-order at Blade HQ. Will be my first time using them. Looking forward to both experiences.

Really glad I held out until now. Love the different color handle. The tumb studs and spacers are a nice touch as well.

I’ll order one but I want to wait until the “first production” is out of the way, I’m not a fan of the extra marks.

Oh mannnnn ! .... I didn’t think about that. :(
I may have to pack this one a while then buy another if it “bugs” me too bad ...

Just got to spend the weekend out camping and hiking with my new blue one. Really great fit in the tight pockets on my hiking pants. Great deployment (first thumb-stud I've owned in almost 10 years) great action, and I love how well the lock pulls the blade closed. Cuts like a demon. Super stoked. Also I threw it on the scale mine weighs in at 53.5g.... Illuminati confirmed!

Back