Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

We heard you and have now added Hand-shaped Handles as an option. + $65.00 :cool:

Let's Drink!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Sorry for the newbie question, and anyone feel free to answer.

What exactly does the "hand-shaped" offer over the standard shape (especially since this is the best feeling handle ever!)? And with the Nano being a bit smaller, does hand shaping it further reduce it's size?

Thanks!

We heard you and have now added Hand-shaped Handles as an option. + $65.00 :cool:

Whoa! How can you beat that for service?!

What exactly does the "hand-shaped" offer over the standard shape (especially since this is the best feeling handle ever!)? And with the Nano being a bit smaller, does hand shaping it further reduce it's size?

Good question. I don't have a grip on any Busse-kin knife that I think I really need "hand-shaped."

Thanks!
You may be one of those people that do not like a rough feeling handle. As for me I like a texture to scales on a knife. I don't thing the shaping would change the size much.

Thanks!

Yes it reduces the size slightly as they need to remove all the hills and valleys on them. I had my Team Gemini done and regretted it later on.

Yes it reduces the size slightly as they need to remove all the hills and valleys on them. I had my Team Gemini done and regretted it later on.

We have changed our process on how the hand-shaped handles are done and no longer shape the handles after they have been textured. So, now it's as if we have filled in all of the grooves and valleys. The hand-shaped handles actually feel a little bit larger. The hand-shaped handles on the Forsaken Mistress were done the new way. :thumbsup: :cool:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

The main reason I hand smooth (or would prefer hand-smoothed from shop) is to streamline the handles a bit when I would prefer it, and so no need to get em' from the shop now that they are fatter, even! Heavens to Betsy EVEN!!!

Thank you a million times over Jerry, that just makes a perfect blade over the top amazing. I'll definitely drink to that!

We have changed our process on how the hand-shaped handles are done and no longer shape the handles after they have been textured. So, now it's as if we have filled in all of the grooves and valleys. The hand-shaped handles actually feel a little bit larger. The hand-shaped handles on the Forsaken Mistress were done the new way. :thumbsup: :cool:

I can't praise the Forsaken Mistress hand shaped scales enough, theyre simply incredible. They dont feel any skinnier, but they feel and look immensely better. They really blew me away, I got the red/black G10 and when I opened the box I couldntbelieve how much they looked like the hand shaped snakeskin on my NMFBM, truly outstanding, I cant wait for the two weeks to go by to put the nano Forsaken Steel Heart next to the Forsaken mistress.

Awesome

So, Jerry, as long as you're listening ... how about a plan view pic of this beautiful new blade alongside a classic FSH? Hmmm?

You can always take off material--

OTOH, damn near impossible to add it...at least up to factory specs.

I've found Busse's NUCLEAR offerings to be the best !BANG! for yer bacon...pun totally intended! :p

A good story on quality and cost some of you may have heard told before...
Chris Reeve would say a good number of folks came into his shop tours complaining about the cost of his Sebenzas <at the beginning of the tour>. By the end of the tour, after seeing the time, materials, labor, expertise, and refinement put into each and every Sebenza first hand-- well, the same folks who complained of cost at first would then say things like, "How do you afford to sell them so cheaply?" ;)

I'm sure we'd be even more greatly AMAZED if we could see the magic happening at Wauseon!

Speaking of which...how about a Willy Wonka-esque tour of the Busse Combat Compound Jerry Busse Jerry Busse ? You could ship a random gold cerakoted OP2WPt2 blade as your version of Wonka's "golden ticket." It'd be BIG FUN!!!:D

Rumor has it oompaloompas fly in/out every day on unmarked DC10's and black helicopters at the decommissioned Wauseon Army Air Corp Airfield <WAACA>...

<BTW, don't try to Google Wauseon Army Air Corp Airfield, it never existed, officially, but we know better--- right? ;)>

Last edited:
From what Jerry posted I would ass (out of) u (and) me the handle will have a sort of light brigade treatment.
The nuclear option Forsaken Steel Heart features a deep blade fuller along with a lightened handle which makes for a lighter and faster blade.
If thats the case, Its a no brainer.
Nuked midnight blue or forest green, tan micarta.
If not, then non nuke.

hoping for some clarification on this.

Would love a pic of hand smoothed handles in the thread or on the front page. May be the first busse I buy after getting a bug to pick up all kinds of busse kin this year. The forsaken series have hit the heart strings this year.

Love the blade profile/lines, new handle, and overall design (though I'd be OK with a Skinny/ 3/16ths stock ;))... but I was hoping to see a BG offering, and maybe even piggyback pricing. How about it, boss? You'd have my money for sure. Times are tight, but your designs are pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

Its already thinner stock don't know if would want it lightened more... or to go with fuller or not, damnit i hate these kinds of decisions :(. I usually like fullers but on some blades they look out of place

Betting the handle on the nuke will be like this under the scales:

Forsaken Nuke Pocket 14-X3.jpg

Wondering the same thing here.

I would bet if it were LB treatment, it would have been stated as such. That has me thinking it is more like the SHe2's with some holes drilled in the handle stock.

I could be totally wrong.

I hope it looks like SC's picture!

I’m a little disappointed in the price of the hand shaped scales. $65.00? When I had them do my black canvas micarta Team Gemini it was only $30.00 or $35.00.

I’m a little disappointed in the price of the hand shaped scales. $65.00? When I had them do my black canvas micarta Team Gemini it was only $30.00 or $35.00.

The price increase has to do with the amount of material that is removed and the extra time that it takes to shape them. :cool:

When they are machined first, the contours are there and extra material is already removed. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps! :cool:

Back