It Needs a Name ***Winner***

I'm not sure what would be a good name for all of them.... but I think Jake's whittler would be a good name for one of them. ;)

I believe it is high time to give yourself some credit for the fine knives you commission. I think the "dog-bohn" whittler is very fitting. Just think about it..... ;)

Go with one of the National Forests in Oregon - the Wallowa Half Whittler or the Ochoco Half Whit.

Or we can bring it back East and go for another coastal historical city and call it the Charleston whittler

Something about the knife makes me think of a fish, but as a whittler something slightly more terrestrial seems in order. The name that comes to my mind is:

The Celilo Half Whittler

Celilo Falls was the now dammed falls at the Dalles. For at least 10,000 years before the river was dammed, Celilo Falls was the location of the Dalles Rendezvous where people would meet and fish and trade from all over the Northwest region, from as far as BC and Montana Natives would come and trade. During the Dalles Roadcut archaeological excavations archaeologists dug through 75 feet of salmon bone. The archaeological deposits were that deep.

So I thought that would be a good Oregonian, terrestrial, but also fishy name :)

Edit: Plus then you could have an Oregon waterfalls theme, and there are tons of Oregon falls. Sahalie Falls, Half Moon falls, etc.

Last edited:
Woodwright's Whittler.

or A Woodwright's Whittler or The Woodwright's Whittler

Such a fine Wharncliffe blade naturally suggests a linguistic connection with the many romantically named Oregon Cliffs.
My choice would be the ”Northwoods Redcloud Cliff half whittler”.

Back