1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

It Needs a Name ***Winner***

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by okbohn, Apr 23, 2015.

1. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Derrick, since you can't come up with a name, and since the knife has two blades (which one to use?!), why not call it . . .

Dilemma

2. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Or we could call it the Mississippi Slippy :D

Or the Mississippi Whittler

3. runninmike

runninmike

Oct 19, 2005
    Clackamas'drifter? :->

4. J_Curd

J_Curd

Jul 26, 2006
    I like this one!!

5. Rostislav

Rostislav

Sep 5, 2013
    After looking at the Northwoods line and trying to get a feel for the names and the images they birthed, how about calling it the Walden Whittler, or just Walden for short.

6. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Wharncliffe blade was designed by Lord Wharncliffe in the early 1800's. The Wharncliffe family seat was in Yorkshire. This frame is a dog leg. There's the Yorkshire Terrier breed.

Why not combine all of these facts and call it the Northwoods Yorkshire Whittler

7. bleh

bleh

Feb 12, 2013
    The Castor Whittler (Family name of the North American Beaver) (also worth noting that the beaver is the state animal of Oregon)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  8. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Maybe you could include this knife in the same line as the Presidential and call it the Courthouse Whittler.

9. jone

jone

Dec 31, 2012
    I'd go with Montgomery or simply the Oregonian - both with a little significance to the area.

10. Woodrow F Call

Woodrow F Call

Jan 3, 2013
    The Douglas Half Whittler...... Since there are so many Douglas Fir Trees in Oregon.

11. okbohn

okbohn

May 26, 2006
    so many good ideas!

12. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    But only one ring to rule them all ;)

13. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    I still like my Charleston Whittler idea . . . then we'd have the Norfolk and the Charleston!

14. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Pathfinder whittler

15. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Prairie whittler. The curves remind me of the low hills seen in a lot of the Great Plains.

16. redbird063

redbird063

Aug 28, 2012
    How about the Northwoods Willamette Whittler?

17. cutchu

cutchu Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Heck... just call it "I'll take it" because that is what everybody is going to be saying anyways : )

18. cj1angle

cj1angle

Jul 20, 2013
    Lots of great ideas here. You could keep an Oregon theme with the rivers which I like very much, or another idea would be to use cities in Oregon. This one could be the Bend whittler. Of course you could have Salem, Eugene, etc. Just a thought on the cities, if no one else likes it then I like the river theme as well

19. bleh

bleh

Feb 12, 2013
    When are you going to pick? I'm trying to come up with some other clever ones.

20. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Call it the Gyspy Whittler!