Kami/Bean Medical Fund Raffle for 8/30

Bean is doing well. He seems to be continuing his slow progress. He is able to stand at times and also tries to walk a bit, but he is unsteady and will fall over without help. He is still on the cage rest and medications and will be until the vet says otherwise. We are still hoping he will make a full recovery. Only time, care and proper healing will tell.
That's rough. Our Bailey got heart worm a few years back, and putting a blue healer in crate for 6 weeks is not fun for anyone. I hope he gets better soon!

I was thinking of a possible way to sell some more ticketts but it does come off a bit self serving... Since the ticketts for the first Katana raffle were $25 and went much faster why not offer anyone who has purchased a $30 tickett for this one a chance to buy as many ticketts for $20 as they have already purchased for $30 averaging $25. It would hopefully instantly nearly double the amount sold while preserving the odds of winning for anyone who had already bought a tickett/ticketts and chooses to buy a $20 one. I know this raffle is to benefit more than 1 party and the point is just that, to benefit those in need at the moment but, noone is benefiting at the moment or otherwise from the stagnancy of this one. After all current tickett holders have had a chance to buy their $20 tickett the price of new ticketts could either remain at $30 or be set at $25 for the (hopefully very few) remaing. Just a thought, I am content either way.

What about offering the tickets for $25 and offering anyone who wins with a $30 ticket some small bonus item. An idea to boost sales while keeping things fair.

Reducing the price some way makes sense. Another idea is to lower the price to $15 and double the number of tickets. $30 buyers would get two tickets. The odds stay the same and we hopefully attract more buyers.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness on this matter, guys!
But i'm very hesitant to make this thing any more complcated than it already is. I am also hesitant to change the pricing on the remaining slots as it would do a disservice to those of you who've already paid.

I felt that a $5 raise from the last raffle and adding a few more slots would be the best compromise. Apparently this isnt so.

We will likely let this run awhile longer and then end it with whatever we have. We will then contemplate the logistics and merits of future raffles.

i really hope i can spare the 30 usd next month but beeing unemployed make things hard these days. sigh.

just sent payment for one entry, hope more can join in too :thumbup:

As soon as all of my funds clear, I'll try for another.

Ol' Bean, and the Kami's need the help.

Just sent payment to you, Karda!

Hope all is well!

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as all of my funds clear, I'll try for another.

Ol' Bean, and the Kami's need the help.

And Ol' Bean and the Kami's appreciate each and every one of you that enters these things. The kamis always need the help, as the Medical Fund is their only resource for good treatment when they are injured. It also helps us to help them when they cannot come to work due to illness or injury. I'm sure The Royal Kami very much appreciates all of you, as this fund is what helps us buy the medications he needs and helps to feed his family while he cannot work.
Bean and his Family wholeheartedly appreciate you all too! Without this help, his problem would seem insurmountable.
As he continues to improve, surgery seems less likely at this time, but he will likely need it at some point in the future.
He has a bank account for his surgery fund and every penny goes into it in case it is needed. Should he never need it, it will likely be donated to help another unfortunate creature who is in a similar position.

Thank You all on behalf of the Kamis and the weiner!

Well it looks like we may end this soon, folks.
A member by the name of Nick Audet, whose username was OldeWolf before he was banned is causing trouble for Auntie and I.

For those Interested. Payments may still be sent to Auntie by Credit Card or by Money order, please see instructions again..

Last edited:
I hope for a quick and speedy recovery for bean. I love animals, and he is such a cutie.
Payment sent for one.

Oh and DROOL over the blade ^.^

Last edited:
It seems Mr. Nick Audet aKa OldeWolf has taken upon himself to file a complaint with the BBB against Auntie now.

Karda:

I just sent payment for one slot to Yangdu via PayPal.

I couldn't really justify another katana for myself, but it's a good cause and it occurred to me that this would make a great Christmas present for a family member. If I'm the lucky winner, that is.

As for OldeWolfe, it seems that some people live to complain, if not one thing then another. He sure wore out his welcome in a hurry.

-- Dave

Back