Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

"Besides, I hate those zipper pouches!
Are you thinking of selling pouches to owners of your knives, perchance???
Hmmmmm??? "

Sorry Charlie, Just caught your question about my pouches. No, I am afraid that I will be sewing just enough to supply future knives.

My newest 3 7/8" Serpentine Jack just arrived today and I couldn't be happier!! My heart sank earlier as the USPS tracking link showed it had been delivered but there was no package at the door :confused::eek::mad::( but it magically arrived there 40min after it was supposed to be delivered :confused::eek::grumpy::D. Here's a few quick pics.

With the other jack Ken made for me, and a couple comparison pics to the GEC #48 Jack.

Congrats on another wonderful Ken Erickson creation. To both patron and maker! It looks like a good one! Had to be a stressful hour 2Dead.

Serpentine Jacks are mighty fine Trand, and you have three beauties!

Lovely knife Trand:)

Thanks for the comparison pic's too, interesting to see GEC swapping the pen and main for the Diamond Jack. A better configuration in my book (Yours and Ken's too it seems:))

Sam

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how this one came out. It took a while but I think serpentine jacks are my favorite pattern. As for the pen blade Sam, I definitely think it looks good with the pen in front but I think, depending on the blade shapes, it is sometimes good to have the pen on the pile side. I'd prefer a slimmer profile overall than needing a tall main blade to have room for the pen blade. Depends on nail nick placement of course :)

That is probably my favorite custom I've seen. Perfect in every way. I'm truly very jealous. Like I said if I owned that knife I'd carry it so much that it would fuse to my body like that morbidly obese woman who's skin and fat grew into the folds and fabric of the sofa she was beached on because she never moved from that spot, like ever. Same idea, just different. :D

P.S. I'm not morbidly obese. Its just an analogy. :p

Completed this large swell center hunter. This is the6th of this pattern for me. Two in my jigged bone, one in ebony, one in yellow Micarta, one in stag/engraved and now this one in Pre-ban.
These knives are large, 5 1/4 closed, 6 ounces.(not available)

Last edited:
Excellent, very large and I understand it's purpose, but for me about an 1" smaller overall length.

Jeff

Nice one, Ken. That's a lotta ivory! I'll bet that was "fun".

Back