Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Having Ivory in-stock for this knife was touch and go! Not only the length and width but it was the thickness that gave me fits. Most of my ivory is saw cut to yield .125, this knife required a finished thickness of .140.

I don't know how I missed this one, Ken. Beautiful knife! I'm sure that one will "get 'er done".

Beautiful knife, Ken!
Sure looks nice in Ivory!!

I thought I'd bump up its Stag cousin for comparison.
KensHunter5_zps56a01a98.jpg

KensHunter6_zps4cd074df.jpg

Completed this large swell center hunter. This is the6th of this pattern for me. Two in my jigged bone, one in ebony, one in yellow Micarta, one in stag/engraved and now this one in Pre-ban.
These knives are large, 5 1/4 closed, 6 ounces.(not available)

Brought it to this page so I (and you) could look at them both!

Oh boy Charlie! That stag hunter is a work of art!

Upscale hunters there Ken and Charlie. Those engraved bolsters are over the top, and that's pretty high up.

I like the subtle richness of this Ivory version every bit as much!
Maybe more!!

(Hope I am not hijacking here!?!?)

I would hate t have to choose between those two fantastic knives.

Both are works of art.

Thanks for the great comments guys!

Here is one put together for the up-coming Badger Show the end of March.

I never have good luck photographing pearl but this is some really nice gold lip.
The knife is a 3 3/8 teardrop jack with pinched and threaded bolsters. Coined liners on the open side, CPM D2 blade and spring.

Very quill-esque! Fantastic workmanship

I VERY loosely base this knife on the fruit knives of the period. Of course many fruit knives had sterling silver frame, and blade construction. I have made my pattern for a quill knife, much smaller than this knife with a small slender pen blade but have not gotten around to putting it together, but your right, same basic pattern, :)

Beautiful! The coined liners add to the "period" look of the knife.

That would make for a nice Sunday knife, Ken. Really, really nice!

Shades of Sheffield! How beautiful! Pinched and threaded, coined, very subtle and well executed!

Back