Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Ken, it was great meeting you at the Badger Knife Show yesterday, thanks again for holding onto the spear point EDC until I could check it out. I've had it in my pocket since leaving your table and, just like I thought, it's proving to be my absolute ideal everyday carry. Absolutely love the size, handle shape, and blade shape. Thanks again!

Also, love your pig skin knife pouches, so much better than the standard zipper pouches, really nice touch!

1F83772D-69A9-489A-9CF8-5545F3F9D369.jpg

If you go back a page Ken posted some pictures of it open that are way better than I've been able to get. Eventually I'll try to bust out the real camera instead of my iPhone to get some better pics of my own. This is the pattern I've been searching for, Ken really nailed the spear point blade in a trapper frame.

If you go back a page Ken posted some pictures of it open that are way better than I've been able to get. Eventually I'll try to bust out the real camera instead of my iPhone to get some better pics of my own. This is the pattern I've been searching for, Ken really nailed the spear point blade in a trapper frame.

D'oh! Okay I see now. That does indeed look like a great EDC. Congrats on the great score!

ken, it was great meeting you at the badger knife show yesterday, thanks again for holding onto the spear point edc until i could check it out. I've had it in my pocket since leaving your table and, just like i thought, it's proving to be my absolute ideal everyday carry. Absolutely love the size, handle shape, and blade shape. Thanks again!

Also, love your pig skin knife pouches, so much better than the standard zipper pouches, really nice touch!

1f83772d-69a9-489a-9cf8-5545f3f9d369.jpg

beautiful!

Finished this 3 1/2 EDC with spear point up with some really nice stag that John Lloyd supplied. This one (not available) features CPM D2 steel, integral 410 frames and bolsters.
Thanks for the looks!

Ken - gorgeous knife. I love everything about it, but especially how the tip of the spearpoint sits in the frame when closed (looks very symmetrical). The oval shield was also a great choice with that beautiful stag. Someone's going to be incredibly happy with that one. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Someone's going to be incredibly happy with that one. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, I believe I will be! It's going to join the yellow micarta shadow I posted above. This has quickly become my, unchallenged, favorite pattern for a carry knife. It's absolutely perfect. And you're right, the way the blade sits in the frame is but one of the reasons why I love it so much. The visual symmetry and balance both open and closed is just fantastic on these. Feels great in the hand and I just find spear points to be my favorite edc blade shape.

Yes, I believe I will be! It's going to join the yellow micarta shadow I posted above. This has quickly become my, unchallenged, favorite pattern for a carry knife. It's absolutely perfect. And you're right, the way the blade sits in the frame is but one of the reasons why I love it so much. The visual symmetry and balance both open and closed is just fantastic on these. Feels great in the hand and I just find spear points to be my favorite edc blade shape.

Loved the yellow micarta, but might like this one even more. Congrats on a 'pair' of beauties.

Thanks!!! Yeah, I love them both too but the stag one is definitely special. I think the yellow will remain my every day carry (has been in my pocket since i got it) and I'll save the stag one for special occasions.

A great pair :thumbup: congrats! Now each morning you'll have to decide which one to carry :D
For a small EDC the spearpoint is hard to beat IMO.

Nice Jack, Ken!!
You are a lucky person, slide!!
It always makes me happy so slip one of Ken's knives into my pocket!! And then take it out frequently to look at it!!:D

Great knives, Ken! Love this thread :D BTW, Ken are you currently taking orders? I emailed you a few weeks ago, not sure if you got it?

Keep posting pics guys... thanks

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments on this last knife. They are appreciated.

Back