Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Great knives, Ken! Love this thread :D BTW, Ken are you currently taking orders? I emailed you a few weeks ago, not sure if you got it?

Keep posting pics guys... thanks

I must have missed your email. At this time I am concentrating on catching up with commitments so for the time being unfortunately no new orders.

I really appreciate the looks and comments!

No worries, Ken ;) Please keep us updated on when you open your books! Until then, I will definitely enjoy this thread.

I must have missed your email. At this time I am concentrating on catching up with commitments so for the time being unfortunately no new orders.

I really appreciate the looks and comments!

I received my stag spearpoint EDC from Ken today and it's amazing! Such great fit/finish, a lovely design, and the stag is amazing - trust me when I say pictures cannot do it justice. There is way more depth and texture in person than I expected and it feels fantastic in the hand. I couldn't be happier with this knife and feel so fortunate I was in the right place at the right time to purchase it.

If I can ever get some good natural light photos that really show it off I'll be sure to post them, though I doubt I could possibly better those that Ken has already posted.

Thanks again Ken!

Ken, I cut my thumb today with that little ebony gunstock I got from you a few years back at blade. Just thought you would like to know it's still sharp :)

Just a few pics of my two spearpoint EDCs together, love these knives, the yellow is in my pocket every day.

402D7674-ED38-4678-9019-36876E41B190.jpg

EAAC443E-BD8D-4B86-BDB6-BD5D83D3CF84.jpg

0E2632CD-EB5C-42FC-9BE2-3FCA2A209F53.jpg

Just a few pics of my two spearpoint EDCs together, love these knives, the yellow is in my pocket every day.

402D7674-ED38-4678-9019-36876E41B190.jpg

Nice pair. I think I met you at Badger this year, not sure. Here are a couple of mine, I have more but these are in the EDC range. The SBJ lives on the workbench, the Baby Cattle lives in my pocket and has for awhile. The other SBJ is one I used to own. I show the two Shadows because of yours and to show the subtle difference in the Micarta covers.

All shown before but who's counting:p

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Those are all three really nice! I love a good micarta handled shadow pattern, those sbjs look nice! Might have to get me one of those sometime. And that cattle knife is fantastic, really great looking blades on that and the tiny bolsters and centered bar shield look great.

Those are all three really nice! I love a good micarta handled shadow pattern, those sbjs look nice! Might have to get me one of those sometime. And that cattle knife is fantastic, really great looking blades on that and the tiny bolsters and centered bar shield look great.

Thank you.

Brad, that baby cattle is awesome! Are the scales ebony?

Thank you Rob and yes, the covers are ebony.

Had the good fortune of getting one of Ken's knives a while back and finally got around to some pics today. Ken cut the scales from a raw piece of mammoth ivory. Per my request, he moved the wharncliffe nick a little farther from the pivot than normal on this pattern so it's a little easier to open.

ericksonwt.jpg

ericksonwt1.jpg

ericksonwt2.jpg

Built with precision. Blades perfectly centered, sweet walk and talk.

ericksonwt3.jpg

ericksonwt4.jpg

There has to be pins somewhere, but I can't see them on the pivot or shield ... even under the intense scrutiny of my macro. Great work Ken, thanks!

That is a very nice version of the infamous WT!
One of the very best!!
Great work, Ken, and you are a lucky man, John!!

Back