Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Nice Erickson, Jack!!
I took a serious look at that one, but decided I've been spending too much $$ lately.
Ken's knives are always exquisite!!

After the rendezvous I thought the same, but it was an offer I couldn't refuse!! Luckily I was able to move 5 knives in time to fund it. thanks for passing on that Charlie, my collection appreciates it!

Is your knife 4 1/8" approximately, Jack?

I don't recall buying that knife directly from Ken, but I can't remember who I got it from!! I need a secretary!!

I know Ken has taken a hiatus from knifemaking. I have been perusing this thread, despite some missing (PB) pictures, and fervently hope Ken comes back to cutlery. There is quite a body of exquisite work here!!
I hope life is treating you well, Ken!!:thumbsup:

I know Ken has taken a hiatus from knifemaking. I have been perusing this thread, despite some missing (PB) pictures, and fervently hope Ken comes back to cutlery. There is quite a body of exquisite work here!!
I hope life is treating you well, Ken!!:thumbsup:

Me too. Ken was my favorite slipjoint maker.

I wanted to let everyone know that has followed my work just how much I 110% percent appreciate the well wishes and thoughts.
life has a way of throwing curve balls at times and I am blessed to be able to work thru them.
Again, thanks for following my work , purchasing my work, but most of all for the true concern my "knife Family" has shown me.
Ken

I wanted to let everyone know that has followed my work just how much I 110% percent appreciate the well wishes and thoughts.
life has a way of throwing curve balls at times and I am blessed to be able to work thru them.
Again, thanks for following my work , purchasing my work, but most of all for the true concern my "knife Family" has shown me.
Ken

It's the sliders you gotta watch out for. Hang in there brother.

ken erickson ken erickson Blues Blues waynorth waynorth @Chief kamagong kamagong mrknife mrknife @VCM3@Txjohn Peregrin Peregrin @Gevonovich @Will Power @black mamba@Ryouchijtx @wlfryjr @Bastid @John L I hope all of you do not mind being pinged, but I have noticed that each of you highly regard Ken and his work. Since this thread is not very active, I wanted to stir up some much deserved attention.

Ken, I hope someone brings this post to your attention. I just received this amazing knife. While waiting for the mailman, I read this entire thread. It is obvious to me that you are a true genius, and an artist of the highest order. I am sure you must take great satisfaction from being able to create something so beautiful. I am honored to be able to own this knife. Thank you and regards. - Greg

View attachment 1157868 View attachment 1157864 View attachment 1157867 View attachment 1157866 View attachment 1157865

Last edited:
Congrats, Greg, that's a fine looking knife.

You won't get any argument from me that Ken is an artist of the highest order. He's built knives in my collection on a dare without even having a pattern to go by. His is a rare talent, and even more rare is the character of the man, imho.

I hope you enjoy your Erickson knife as much as I enjoy mine.

Back