1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Blues, Jan 30, 2010.

1. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    After the rendezvous I thought the same, but it was an offer I couldn't refuse!! Luckily I was able to move 5 knives in time to fund it. thanks for passing on that Charlie, my collection appreciates it!

Fodderwing likes this.
  2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Ken is not making knives right now, making that a rare bird, Jack!!

mrknife likes this.
  3. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    This might be on the same pattern!! ~ 4 1/8"??
    Eng Stag 1.jpg Eng Stag 2.jpg Eng Stag 3.jpg

Don W, Will Power, Lhpanther and 8 others like this.
  4. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    whoa!!!! that is niceeeeeee, it reminds me so much of the 2014 bladeforums or vice versa which ever came first. there is just something about that shield that i couldnt let go. thanks for sharing Charlie! I have to say the grind on your swedge is much nicer :eek::eek::eek:

5. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Is your knife 4 1/8" approximately, Jack?

I don't recall buying that knife directly from Ken, but I can't remember who I got it from!! I need a secretary!!

mrknife likes this.
  6. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    just about Charlie a smidge more maybe. its about the hunt!

Fodderwing likes this.
  7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
  8. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    No worries, Charlie, and thanks for the compliment on the knife.

Most important of all by far is that Ken is a dear and valued friend.

mrknife, waynorth and knowtracks like this.
  9. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I know Ken has taken a hiatus from knifemaking. I have been perusing this thread, despite some missing (PB) pictures, and fervently hope Ken comes back to cutlery. There is quite a body of exquisite work here!!
    I hope life is treating you well, Ken!!:thumbsup:

Don W and Jack Black like this.
  10. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Me too. Ken was my favorite slipjoint maker.

NirreBosse likes this.
  11. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    I wanted to let everyone know that has followed my work just how much I 110% percent appreciate the well wishes and thoughts.
    life has a way of throwing curve balls at times and I am blessed to be able to work thru them.
    Again, thanks for following my work , purchasing my work, but most of all for the true concern my "knife Family" has shown me.
    Ken

12. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Great to see you Ken, and thanks for the update!

Will Power likes this.
  13. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Thanks for updating us Ken. Keep up the fight.

jivedaddy and Mike Robuck like this.
  14. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    It's the sliders you gotta watch out for. Hang in there brother.

15. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    Good to see you Ken, sending positive thoughts your way my friend.

Mike Robuck likes this.
  16. navin74

navin74

Mar 27, 2012
    Hello Ken! It is nice to see you here again! Please take care.
    Nathan

17. jivedaddy

jivedaddy

Dec 20, 2002
    Great to hear from you again Ken! Hang in there.

Mike Robuck likes this.
  18. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    @ken erickson @Blues @waynorth @Chief @kamagong @mrknife @VCM3@Txjohn @Peregrin@Gevonovich @Will Power @black mamba@Ryouchijtx @wlfryjr @Bastid @John L I hope all of you do not mind being pinged, but I have noticed that each of you highly regard Ken and his work. Since this thread is not very active, I wanted to stir up some much deserved attention.

Ken, I hope someone brings this post to your attention. I just received this amazing knife. While waiting for the mailman, I read this entire thread. It is obvious to me that you are a true genius, and an artist of the highest order. I am sure you must take great satisfaction from being able to create something so beautiful. I am honored to be able to own this knife. Thank you and regards. - Greg

B4CA52DD-0EDA-4FF1-8290-A5966B6E21D9.jpeg 02BF5254-46EE-4229-AA1A-175BADEB4484.jpeg F98CA8C6-98B6-45AF-9334-820069D94A78.jpeg B4B53357-89BB-497A-A3C2-4D95EB7ED287.jpeg 61316434-609C-4732-A58B-1336CB6ED9BD.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    navin74, NirreBosse, Chui and 17 others like this.
  19. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    Congrats, Greg, that's a fine looking knife.

You won't get any argument from me that Ken is an artist of the highest order. He's built knives in my collection on a dare without even having a pattern to go by. His is a rare talent, and even more rare is the character of the man, imho.

I hope you enjoy your Erickson knife as much as I enjoy mine.

20. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I've got the one Swayback Gent that is perfect in every way. I've oohed and aahed at every knife of Ken's that I see posted. You got yourself a nice one! Congratulations!