Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

View attachment 1158036 View attachment 1158037

Thanks Gentlemen, I feel like I have crossed some sort of threshold into the world of “grown up” knives! To me, the perfect Sowbelly is jigged bone with a corset shield. Here are two more photographs of mine in subdued light. However, as you, of all people, know, there are many different equally beautiful versions. I do not want to be a spoiler, but, stay tuned! In a day or two Drew dispatch184 dispatch184 is going to knock your socks off!!

Thank you again Ken, the masterpieces you have created will live on for many generations!

Thanks also to those of you who I “pinged.” I have learned so much about knives, and life, from the information and photographs you have shared. And Charlie, you have taught us much about knives yes, but much more about toughness and a positive attitude!

Last edited:
View attachment 1158036 View attachment 1158037

Thanks Gentlemen, I feel like I have crossed some sort of threshold into the world of “big boy” knives! To me, the perfect Sowbelly is jigged bone with a corset shield. Here are two more photographs of mine in subdued light. However, as you, of all people, know, there are many different equally beautiful versions. I do not want to be a spoiler, but, stay tuned! In a day or two Drew dispatch184 dispatch184 is going to knock your socks off!!

Thank you again Ken, the masterpieces you have created will live on for many generations!

Thanks also to those of you who I “pinged.” I have learned so much about knives, and life, from the information and photographs you have shared. And Charlie, you have taught us much about knives yes, but much more about toughness and a positive attitude!
That knife is a 10/10 Greg! You have been looking for a sow just like that for a while now and what a finish to the great hunt. Extraordinary, a treasure : ) hope to have mine in a day or two

Ken is much more than a skilled cutlery craftsman. He is a wonderful human being. He is a steward of the land with his country property creating habitat for endangered species. He is a devoted friend and family man. I am honored to be his friend for a number of years. I as well have carried one of his knives for some years, every day! My avatar to be exact. It is a collaboration between maker and owner. Not a multi maker collab. I have others that were done the same way. A Cattle/Pick&Pen and a Pruner, and others. See them in this thread. There is no more satisfying experience with a custom knife than having a maker willing to work with you. If you own one you are fortunate. I could go on but I will say if you have not spent time with this thread you are missing out.

I cannot compete with Greg’s Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville wonderful pictures and photobucket has been my nemesis of late but here are a couple of the sister to his stellar sow. No suprise that I am over the moon about the build quality of this knife. The ivory is hard to capture in its true glory especially with a phone camera but it is a pleasure to behold.
E1EC16D1-8A2F-429C-8402-65EBB84D14E2_zpsvjlfgwbm.jpeg

FA580429-F106-464A-82CF-55C8BD42DF3D_zpsol68nmr4.jpeg

153EFEEB-C0F5-47B4-A3FC-F62318B6A41D_zps4x5fvvz0.jpeg

I cannot compete with Greg’s Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville wonderful pictures and photobucket has been my nemesis of late but here are a couple of the sister to his stellar sow. No suprise that I am over the moon about the build quality of this knife. The ivory is hard to capture in its true glory especially with a phone camera but it is a pleasure to behold.

Sometimes I just comment on a knife I like. However by hitting the reply button I get to see it again. Super sow.

What a treat to see....pure elegance ! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

And thank you all! Thanks to Greg for drawing my attention to the sales thread and his passion when researching knives/makers. And to Ken for these special knives, kudos to you sir. Happy Friday all!

Back