Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Here is another little pocket jewel I got from the "for sale" forum. :cool:
Brown micarta scales on this 3 1/8" beauty! :thumbup:
IMG_0842.jpg

Man, the lines on that folder are just exquisite. Looks like the handle scales are literally dripping off the bolsters. WOW!!

Charlie, that latest is awesome! Love that knife. :thumbup:

Here are three of mine with a little steel variation. All are Ken's images.

Ken's 1st Dr's pattern, ATS-34 with acrylic tortoise shell.

Ericksondoctors3.jpg

3 5/8ths D2 trapper with brown paper Micarta.

Ericksontrapper1.jpg

4 1/8ths S30V hunter with G10 blue/black scales and sabre grind.

KenEricksonhunter2.jpg

KenEricksonhunter4.jpg

- Joe

I think, but am not sure that it is the second large Stockman that Ken has made.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Words really(at least my words) can not express how much it means to me to have friends and acquaintances that have taken the time to post images of my past work! Without this kind of support I would not be striving to advance my skills as a slipjoint maker!

This thread that Elliott started made my day and the rest of the year.

Respectfully,

Ken

Last edited:
...rub it in Charlie, just rub it on in...geez I luv it when you rub it in! :D

Great thread brother Blues; as usual, you come up with sterling ideas for sharing the good stuff.

Ken's work speaks more for itself than any words I might add here. I am most proud of my ebony Erickson trapper which is shown here with the co-pride of my custom fleet from Jerry Halfrich.

Sometimes you just can't beat black and white. ;)

IMG_1994.jpg

Lookit all these beauties showing up! Man what an elite fleet!
I don't see a knife here I'd give up without a fight!!

Ken is a pleasure to do business with and an outstanding artist. All of the knives posted are outstanding!

This one is a favorite in my collection:

Just a tad over 4 inches
CPM154 CM flat ground, nice and thin.
Long nail pull
Ken's dyed and jigged bone scales, dark brown to medium brown
410 integral frames and bolsters
Bomb shield , pinned
satin finish, blade, bolsters, with high polish highlights on ends of bolsters
cleaned and finished inside.
2 1/2 oz
.430 at the widest point

Matt

Ken1.jpg

Ken2.jpg

Lookit all these beauties showing up! Man what an elite fleet!
I don't see a knife here I'd give up without a fight!!

You said it right, brother! :cool::thumbup:

Sketch, that's a great Crown Jack!! (Coffin Jack to some.) Nicely shaped, and decorated.
Everything about it works. You can tell it's by a guy who studies the subject!!

Sketch, that's a great Crown Jack!! (Coffin Jack to some.) Nicely shaped, and decorated.
Everything about it works. You can tell it's by a guy who studies the subject!!

Man that is a GREAT knife, I had seen it before but never really looked at it.:confused: It "just works"

Man that is a GREAT knife, I had seen it before but never really looked at it.:confused: It "just works"

I thought that was the one that Ken made based upon the Case "75" pattern. Perhaps Ken or Matt will fill us in.

I thought that was the one that Ken made based upon the Case "75" pattern. Perhaps Ken or Matt will fill us in.

Elliott,

Your right on the money. Matt wanted a single blade version of the "75". This was a tough one for me. Not sure why but the straight sided, simple patterns at times are the hardest to "get right".

Ken

Elliott,

Your right on the money. Matt wanted a single blade version of the "75". This was a tough one for me. Not sure why but the straight sided, simple patterns at times are the hardest to "get right".

Ken

The Case Classic "Moose" (which is an "075" pattern) has the more or less tapering straight sides. The standard Case "75" pattern has the more typical serpentine aspect to the frame.

Since they're Ken's (previously posted) images, no reason we can't include 'em here...

IMGP4257_edited-1.jpg

IMGP4258_edited-1.jpg

IMGP4254_edited-1.jpg

Back