Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

Man... This one was a tough one to resist (I’m glad they sold out so quickly, lol), but I’ve owned half a dozen Blurs or so, and none of them have stayed in my collection. Just a little too big I think (and I’m not the biggest fan of liner locks or recurves).

I love the grey on this release and M4 is such a great steel! Holds an edge like S30V, is more than twice as tough, and sharpens a lot better in my experience. Really, really good stuff. Congrats to everyone who was able to get one!

I really love that Kershaw is doing this and hope they can keep it up for awhile. I don’t think anyone was expecting such a fast release schedule. Here’s hoping they do most, if not all, American made models. I’d also really like to see sprint runs of a few Chinese made models (or better yet, have those models brought to the U.S. factories), like the Atmos and Culpepper in particular. :)

Last edited:
I’d love a US made “midi” Natrix. I like my copper mini, and the D2 has held up well, but the knife is a little small. I’d love a 3” Natrix with textured CF and better steel.

Of course, if they Sprint a Skyline I’ll be all over that. I don’t have enough of them :rolleyes:!

I’d love a US made “midi” Natrix. I like my copper mini, and the D2 has held up well, but the knife is a little small. I’d love a 3” Natrix with textured CF and better steel.

Of course, if they Sprint a Skyline I’ll be all over that. I don’t have enough of them :rolleyes:!

They now make the regular and xl in copper. I would love to see a natrix xl sprint in full cf and a good blade steel. 14c28n would be fine for me!

So mine came in. Needs to be broken in but looks great. It's at bottom left.
20200617-162659.jpg

Looking forward to mine. Kershaw stated 60-62 HRC. I'm curious what these will ultimately test at when someone formally tests it.

Lucky sonsaguns. Mine's not due until Friday. Although lately a lot of my packages have been arriving a day early.

Man, Kershaw is on fire with these sprints!

Each one of them has been awesome in its own way and I'm glad I ordered this Blur.

a few more, it's centered and is almost fully broken in. Getting much smoother and opening easier. Also switched the clip. I forgot how these Blur are pocket sharks. I can literally hear the jeans tearing when i put it in my pocket. :eek:
20200618-071508.jpg

20200618-071130.jpg

20200618-071149.jpg

Got mine on Tuesday. Im a big fan of the Blur and carry an S30V Glassbreaker on a regular basis. Would have liked to see a more exotic insert material but this knife is wonderfully low key.

Not sure if I will carry it or keep it as a safe queen yet. It is the only blur I have that wasnt a blem and might actually be worth something lol!

Lucky sonsaguns. Mine's not due until Friday. Although lately a lot of my packages have been arriving a day early.

Yep, mine came today. I'm quickly reminded how and why I didn't much care for the Blur. Opening an assisted with thumbstuds is just so awkward for me. Apart from that, I'm impressed with the knife. It's breaking in - I didn't except that it require that - and is rock solid in lockup. I'm probably going to de-assist it and see how I like it that way. If not, I'll probably sell it off, which would be a shame because I really want to try CPM M4.

Truth be told, I actually bought 2 of them, because of course I would. Unlike the sprint CF/M390 Bareknuckle, I didn't buy one as a back-up, I bought a second with the express intention of hopefully trading it for the yellow Leek that I missed out on. Although now I'm pondering the moral/ethical implications of selling the spare Blur for a stupidly exorbitant price so I can buy the Leek for an equally stupidly exorbitant price.:oops:

also i went on ebay to see if there were any of the blur sprint runs for sale for decent prices, they were all marked up pretty high so instead i ended buying myself a s30v stonewash blur for a fraction of the price

Last edited:
Back