Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hackenslash, May 6, 2020.

1. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Man... This one was a tough one to resist (I’m glad they sold out so quickly, lol), but I’ve owned half a dozen Blurs or so, and none of them have stayed in my collection. Just a little too big I think (and I’m not the biggest fan of liner locks or recurves).

I love the grey on this release and M4 is such a great steel! Holds an edge like S30V, is more than twice as tough, and sharpens a lot better in my experience. Really, really good stuff. Congrats to everyone who was able to get one!

I really love that Kershaw is doing this and hope they can keep it up for awhile. I don’t think anyone was expecting such a fast release schedule. Here’s hoping they do most, if not all, American made models. I’d also really like to see sprint runs of a few Chinese made models (or better yet, have those models brought to the U.S. factories), like the Atmos and Culpepper in particular. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    MolokaiRider and Hackenslash like this.
  2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’d love a US made “midi” Natrix. I like my copper mini, and the D2 has held up well, but the knife is a little small. I’d love a 3” Natrix with textured CF and better steel.

Of course, if they Sprint a Skyline I’ll be all over that. I don’t have enough of them :rolleyes:!

Fixall likes this.
  3. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    They now make the regular and xl in copper. I would love to see a natrix xl sprint in full cf and a good blade steel. 14c28n would be fine for me!

4. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    So mine came in. Needs to be broken in but looks great. It's at bottom left.
    [​IMG]

5. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Looking good, man! It got to TX quick!

Assuming that's where you're at.

Let's see some close up shots!

TX180SX likes this.
  6. TX180SX

Feb 14, 2011
    Here ya go! Yup in Austin, I was surprised how fast it shipped.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Looks killer. I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

8. pnsxyr

pnsxyr Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Looking forward to mine. Kershaw stated 60-62 HRC. I'm curious what these will ultimately test at when someone formally tests it.

9. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Lucky sonsaguns. Mine's not due until Friday. Although lately a lot of my packages have been arriving a day early.

10. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Man, Kershaw is on fire with these sprints!

Each one of them has been awesome in its own way and I'm glad I ordered this Blur.

JuJu- likes this.
  11. TX180SX

Feb 14, 2011
    a few more, it's centered and is almost fully broken in. Getting much smoother and opening easier. Also switched the clip. I forgot how these Blur are pocket sharks. I can literally hear the jeans tearing when i put it in my pocket. :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

grownstar and Hackenslash like this.
  12. KAEDC

KAEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Removed a weird piece of metal the factory left in...

7C4E8324-BF5D-4BAD-A601-C605CF1651C6.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  13. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I find those weird, bent staples in a lot of Kershaws :D

pnsxyr and Quiet like this.
  14. KAEDC

Apr 25, 2013
    They always push on the blade too...must be a design oversight...

Hackenslash likes this.
  15. Nicegy525

Nicegy525

Nov 28, 2011
    Got mine on Tuesday. Im a big fan of the Blur and carry an S30V Glassbreaker on a regular basis. Would have liked to see a more exotic insert material but this knife is wonderfully low key.

Not sure if I will carry it or keep it as a safe queen yet. It is the only blur I have that wasnt a blem and might actually be worth something lol!

16. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Yep, mine came today. I'm quickly reminded how and why I didn't much care for the Blur. Opening an assisted with thumbstuds is just so awkward for me. Apart from that, I'm impressed with the knife. It's breaking in - I didn't except that it require that - and is rock solid in lockup. I'm probably going to de-assist it and see how I like it that way. If not, I'll probably sell it off, which would be a shame because I really want to try CPM M4.

Truth be told, I actually bought 2 of them, because of course I would. Unlike the sprint CF/M390 Bareknuckle, I didn't buy one as a back-up, I bought a second with the express intention of hopefully trading it for the yellow Leek that I missed out on. Although now I'm pondering the moral/ethical implications of selling the spare Blur for a stupidly exorbitant price so I can buy the Leek for an equally stupidly exorbitant price.:oops:

TX180SX and JAB like this.
  17. pnsxyr

pnsxyr Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Woah. I have those same two Blurs! Is your CF/CPM-154 model a blem too by chance? If so we have the EXACT same Blurs.

18. KAEDC

Apr 25, 2013
    Not a blem, sorry.

19. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    how is the blur de-assisted? does it have a detent to keep the knife in the closed position?

20. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    also i went on ebay to see if there were any of the blur sprint runs for sale for decent prices, they were all marked up pretty high so instead i ended buying myself a s30v stonewash blur for a fraction of the price

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020