Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

The Blur can be de-assisted, right?

I got the leek, skipped the bare knuckle and regret it, so I didn’t hesitate on m4 blur. $80 shipped is cool. There goes my overtime today.

I haven't had one that couldn't, but 1st time for everything. $75 is too good to pass up...

I remember handling a Blur. I can't remember if it was owned by someone I knew, someone I simply met in passing and chatted with knives about, or if it was in a passaround here. I like assisted knives with flippers well enough, but I've never liked them simply by using thumbstuds. Seems like a good way to slice the $#!+ out of your thumb by accident. I remember the Random Task was especially bad (the thumbstuds were too short, meaning you had to dig in to move the blade, and it was easy to cut yourself). I know the Blur isn't that bad, but I'm still not a fan. But I've never had a knife in M4, and as you say, $75 (nearly $90 with tax and shipping) is too good to pass up. I can always sell/trade it if I don't like the thing.

I remember handling a Blur. I can't remember if it was owned by someone I knew, someone I simply met in passing and chatted with knives about, or if it was in a passaround here. I like assisted knives with flippers well enough, but I've never liked them simply by using thumbstuds. Seems like a good way to slice the $#!+ out of your thumb by accident. I remember the Random Task was especially bad (the thumbstuds were too short, meaning you had to dig in to move the blade, and it was easy to cut yourself). I know the Blur isn't that bad, but I'm still not a fan. But I've never had a knife in M4, and as you say, $75 (nearly $90 with tax and shipping) is too good to pass up. I can always sell/trade it if I don't like the thing.

My CPM154\CF Blur de-assisted fine. Detent is a little light, but is fine IMO, same was true with the BDZ1 Tanto. And a buddy has a S30V Blur and a 14C28N that I looked at and can confirm they have have ball and detent hole...

So I am quite optimistic that this one can be de-assisted....I might even swap it into the CF handle....I dunno

That's a sexy beast!
1670gryblk_profile.png

In on this one! That is a great deal for M4 and the gray handle looks great.

Just picked up an s30v blur blem on the exchange. Looks like I’ll go from not having a blur for years to two in a couple weeks time span.

It's very suprising to see the CPM-M4 Blur is still available. The S30V Leek sold out quickly. Like the Leek, the Blur also is a well established model in the marketplace with a wide following and M4 is vastly superior to S30V.

Did Kershaw make a massive batch?

I'm a blur fan. dont care for assisted openers, but just like the blur. had to grab one.

I have 7 blurs but passed on this one like I did the leek as well. Haven't carried a blur in years so couldn’t justify spending almost $90 to just sit in a drawer, it does look nice though. Curious to see what the new ZT is tomorrow, trying not to get my hopes up but I’m prepared for a letdown.....again.

I couldn't resist! That price is just too good.

I'm going to love having a Kershaw in M4!

That sold out quick. I wonder if it's because there were fewer, if it's just more popular, or if more flippers know about them and are buying them up faster. I'm gonna guess it's the flippers.:(

That sold out quick. I wonder if it's because there were fewer, if it's just more popular, or if more flippers know about them and are buying them up faster. I'm gonna guess it's the flippers.:(

I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I'm surprised that it didn't sell out in 5 minutes.

I'm impressed with 3 sprint runs in a little over a month. That indicates that if you don't like the current sprint, wait a week or two!

So if the first 3 are any indication. It looks like the sprints are being done on in production USA made knives only.
Outside of the Launch series, that leaves the following knives to receive the sprint treatment.

Dividend
Link
Knockout
Chive
Scallion
Skyline
Lucha

I really want to see what they do with the Dividend. Considering that the composite blade version is in regular production. They gotta do something REALLY funky to top that.
My guess is that this sprint line will end with the Skyline. Send the old girl off to retirement with a bang.

One thing is for sure. This is probably the most fun thing Kershaw has done in years. I love it, and I haven't bought a single piece. (still holding out hope for something with a Hawk Lock though)

Ended up with an M4 blur. Cant wait. Been wanting something from KAI in m4 and the blur is an old favorite especially at that price. I used to be known as a franken blurer extraordinaire but this one is pretty sweet the way it is. Dont think ill franken it just yet...!

Back