Kitchen KITH 2022

Zippered pouch would be great. If you don't have one, make sure to package it securely so it survives shipping.

I think I have everybody's information except for @Justin W's. Maybe with the extra time FredyCro FredyCro got around to finishing his knife as well?
Sorry, I didn't get the notification for whatever reason. Unfortunately no, I gave up before the finish line on Monday. Had a couple of very busy months and did not want to add knifemaking to the chore list.

Quality KITH all day long, congrats to all.

A A. Matthews It's good to be critical of you own work, but that is a nice knife and you should definitely take part.

I was just putting the list together for the drawing and I noticed timos- timos- 's post of his finished knife. I apologize for not responding when you posted a picture of your finished knife. I added you to the list in post #2, and I thought I replied at the same time. Of course it is not too late if you still want to be in.

I am still waiting to hear from timos- timos- . I have done the drawing and am ready to send out addresses as soon as I hear from him. I apologize for the delay, I really dropped the ball on this one.

Thanks for putting this together Hubert. Are we posting photos and critiques in this thread? Should be post self critiques first and see if the person who gets the knife agrees?

Thanks for putting this together Hubert. Are we posting photos and critiques in this thread? Should be post self critiques first and see if the person who gets the knife agrees?
I would prefer continuing this thread vs. the traditional "Woohoo! My KITH knife has arrived" thread. I've looked through some of the old KITH threads and it is not always easy finding the corresponding thread where you can see the finished knives.

I recommend against posting a self critique ahead of time as that might bias the opinion of the recipient.

I agree with the private critique, I believe in the past that is what has been encouraged.
Sharpening mine tonight and boxing it, ill send it tomorrow.

It's really up to the individual whether they want feedback privately or on the forum. I don't mind my knife being criticized publicly. If it serves to illustrate what not to do or what to improve, maybe some other maker can learn from it as well.

If you have not sent out your knife yet, please include a note to let the recipient know your preference, or just post here which you prefer. Since some participants don't have private messaging privileges, I'd be happy to pass on contact information if you want to get in touch with the person you received your knife from, or the person you sent it to. Just let me know who you want to get in touch with and how they should contact you, and I'll pass it on.

I would really like it if the person could just tell me it was the best knife ever!

Just kidding, just kidding! Haha
My knife has been received, and I was given some very good honest feedback already!
It’s has been very tough for me to get honest feedback from people, so I really appreciated this part.

This has been fun, I will definitely do it again!

Back