Photos Knife Mods! Did it yourself? ...show off your work.

5.11 karambit.

20171101_184817_zpshph80xpx.jpg

Dave'd my Tatanka;)
Screenshot_20171108-141743.png

Debating between a full flat grind with a small swedge...
Screenshot_20171108-141734.png

Or a faux dagger grind (basically bring the swedge back most of the way)
Screenshot_20171108-141556.png

~Chip

Thanks Matt! Which regrind gets your vote, slicey or stabby?;)

~Chip

With my typical indecisive nature I split the difference;). I kept the original swedge angle and brought it all the way back, which leaves me some room to thin the primary if I feel it's not slicey enough (it's definitely stabby enough:D).

Screenshot_20171109-153254.png Screenshot_20171109-153150.png

~Chip

I reground my mini grip blade. Thinned it down to 0.015" behind the edge from about 0.040". I think it came out ok for my first attempt at such a project. I think I'm going to acid stone wash the blade and get some micarta scales to finish it.
i-c7p9CST-X4.jpg

i-6LkVffW-X4.jpg

i-wcjDznV-X4.jpg

Made blue carbon fiber shred scales with blue liners. Had all satin parts PVD coated black; except for blade of course. Like a totally different knife.

Benchmade 535 Bugout

RQmJj3Y.jpg

GFDtsNf.jpg

AhwHlQy.jpg

W5W5RkK.jpg

I have been saying a CF Bugout will likely be the must have EDC knife its era and finally overtake the Delica as king.

It is one of my favorite knives. Definately at the top of the list. Light, thin, yet stout, 3"+ blade, and nice looking.

Update on my Nirvana regrind. I refined the convex and thinned the edge a little more. I gave it a polished satin and sanded off the factory etching. There are some nicks here and there that I still need to grind down and refine the finish on the ricasso to match the blade. It slices very well. I keep thinking about going for a Rockstead style full mirror polish with satin ground flats. What do you guys think? I'm gonna need a new detent ball as mine is flattening out pretty good. It was flattening from the original acid wash and my varying grind patterns in the ball path haven't been helping the situation. Anyone have any advice on how I could do that myself?

38476233601_9ec58b0637_k.jpg

Back