Photos Knife Mods! Did it yourself? ...show off your work.

Did a regrind on my Müller MSP Backlock with CPMS90V blade. What a pain in the ass with an european equivalent of a harbor freight 1x30 grinder. Smashed 6 80grit plus 2 120grit belts and there was still too much meat on the blade but I stopped there and buffed the blade with coarse buffing compound.

Results are still ok, the knife is a working buffalo....

wyst0.jpg

34pga.jpg

Br Oliver

Love it. Love regrinds Love the finish! Which belts / buffers were used?

Br oliver
Thanks! Shopsmith ceramic belts for .y cheapo 4"x36" belt sander followed by hand sanding to 600 grit.

~Chip

Converted my Mantra 1 to PB washers instead of bearings. I used .02x.5x.189 PB's and the Teflon washers out of an OKC Rat Model II. I did it because I prefer washers, the bearing races were starting to dish, and just because I got the idea and had to try it out. I got good results, no blade play, same lockup, smooth action(still breaking in).
kGQKGCE.jpg

Reground my CS large Voyager and my RAT 2.

Voyager originally came with partial serrations, but they cut like a blunt butter knife...

squlv.jpg

n9ufm.jpg

What a great working beast!

And my Rat 2. I messed the lines up and it looks like a piece of shit now, but it cuts like a razor. 0,25 - 0,3 mm behind the edge bevel.

3tslc.jpg

ojusw.jpg

Br oliver

I rounded the spine on my Mantra 1 again. It came out a lot better than last time.
Gcon2Ae.jpg
fLs7AEQ.jpg

I also did a little work under the lettering so it would be flush with the scales.
Before;
IMaYAMu.jpg

After;
7mNQ7LS.jpg

I'm thinking about anodizing the scales next, maybe an acid stonewash for the blade since I'm having a hard time getting this M4 to take a patina.

I like to mod a budget blade as a fun project sometimes. Spyderco Ambitious and CS Tuff Lite blades were acid and stone washed.IMG_1660.JPG IMG_1190.jpg

Reactions: mpt
Wow, There's some great blades on this thread. My favorite is the Nirvana. You sir, whoever you are, fixed Spyderco's biggest mistake with the Nirvana by getting rid of that saber grind. Hats off.

Oh boy! I've got lots of stuff to share, but this is my most nicely customized knife I've done yet. Boker Gent 1 with abalone inlays added to the ebony scales. I think it turned out okay.

https://imgur.com/a/P2741

Last edited:
20170328_201411.jpg 20170506_214811.jpg
These are the only 2 mods i have done. They were both done quite a while ago for friends. The buck got a finger choil added to allow for proper sharpening. The factory edge didnt apex for the first half inch of blade. The endura got an acid stonewash with stripes. Both blades got a mirror edge.

Back