Knife or Death

Funny, as soon as I read UffDa's post that's exactly who I thought it might be...her knife had that "look" to it.

But if it was her, it's too bad she didn't do better

I was glad to see the Shannon Labs too ...

I think she underestimated the physical challenge ... and not because she was female ... some of the females have done better then some of the men who seriously underestimated the physical challenge ...

and as those that got to compete have all confirmed ... it was one hot mf!

Last edited:
91bravo 91bravo Thx for sharing those links. You did great man! :thumbsup: That’s a a tough course and pretty biased to favor 2-handed blades. You couldn’t help but go 2-handed at times.

And of course it was super enjoyable to see Dan’s SA unleashed.

91bravo 91bravo Thx for sharing those links. You did great man! :thumbsup: That’s a a tough course and pretty biased to favor 2-handed blades. You couldn’t help but go 2-handed at times.

And of course it was super enjoyable to see Dan’s SA unleashed.

Yeah everybody was twice my size and had 2-handed swords! Dan is a world class cutter and the other Dan was a bad ass full contact fighter. The bald guy, Phil Ross, was an MMA fighter. One guy's run got cut, the guy in the back on the right, but he was a bad ass too! lol

Yeah everybody was twice my size and had 2-handed swords! Dan is a world class cutter and the other Dan was a bad ass full contact fighter. The bald guy, Phil Ross, was an MMA fighter. One guy's run got cut, the guy in the back on the right, but he was a bad ass too! lol

yeah your episode was definitely loaded a bit with big guys that knew a bit about handling blades ... I watched a handful of episodes you would have moved on because no one went any farther then you ... sucks you hit the day you did to run the course.

Finally got caught up.

Saw Mecha’s episode and then the loaded up episode with 91Bravo and Dr. Dan.

I think Mecha’s Ti blade did more than keep up with steel. It performed so good. It sailed through a lot of the obstacles that are generally tougher. Especially considering how light it must be. I have a feeling the deadening effect plays a big role in that.

Also, I thought it was great to see Mecha come through the gate and to see the attitude he gave to the gate.

Damn the group in Jonny’s episode was STACKED. As soon as I saw Dr. Keffeler I figured it was a race for 2nd place.

Jonny, maybe another run with the KOD piece? The extra blade and handle length would have definitely been a plus. Knife or Death may not be the proper name for the show seeing as how the majority are swords.

Great to see all the attention and call outs Nathan and Jo got during the episode.

This re-ignited my excitement for the KOD piece. Hell, Dan already has experience using a double edged sword on the course, although it looks like the design intent of the back edge has shifted since his run. I really like the flare Dan started putting on the pommel of his Super Assassins. Wonder if we’ll get a similar feature.

Such a bummer that 5 seconds keeps us from seeing a potential Mecha vs Silverback, Neo Tokyo Assassin Ti vs Super Assassin showdown. A veritable Godzilla vs King Kong.
@Mecha
@Dan Keffeler

Finally got caught up.

Saw Mecha’s episode and then the loaded up episode with 91Bravo and Dr. Dan.

I think Mecha’s Ti blade did more than keep up with steel. It performed so good. It sailed through a lot of the obstacles that are generally tougher. Especially considering how light it must be. I have a feeling the deadening effect plays a big role in that.

Also, I thought it was great to see Mecha come through the gate and to see the attitude he gave to the gate.

Damn the group in Jonny’s episode was STACKED. As soon as I saw Dr. Keffeler I figured it was a race for 2nd place.

Jonny, maybe another run with the KOD piece? The extra blade and handle length would have definitely been a plus. Knife or Death may not be the proper name for the show seeing as how the majority are swords.

Great to see all the attention and call outs Nathan and Jo got during the episode.

This re-ignited my excitement for the KOD piece. Hell, Dan already has experience using a double edged sword on the course, although it looks like the design intent of the back edge has shifted since his run. I really like the flare Dan started putting on the pommel of his Super Assassins. Wonder if we’ll get a similar feature.

Such a bummer that 5 seconds keeps us from seeing a potential Mecha vs Silverback, Neo Tokyo Assassin Ti vs Super Assassin showdown. A veritable Godzilla vs King Kong.
@Mecha
@Dan Keffeler

Shoot, if I could go back and do it again, I WOULD do it with the KoD piece! Looking back, I could have used another 4"-6" of blade length for that extra heft, for the smashing effect.

Dr. Dan had 11 penalties the other Dan had 10. IIRC, the other Dan won by 5 seconds. (or was it 6?)

It seems to me that they make some runs a bit easier. That turkey was a lot easier to cut that dolgurn rope which no one got through.
Yup, +1 penalty and +5 seconds. So the 1 extra penalty was the deciding factor (20 seconds or 30 seconds for each penalty IIRC).

I was surprised that Dan had issues with BallBuster. I figured with his Bladesports practice, chopping up rolling golf balls, those big foam balls would be a cinch! But he doesn't have to clear the table of the golf balls!
And yeah, that duck definitely seemed even easier (skinnier) than the chicken. Has ANYONE made it through the rope yet, this season?

Last edited:
Even the initial food cuts got Dan a penalty. That’s a long horizontal slash to hold true, especially with nerves/adrenaline/cameras on you. I imagine if you’re even slightly off at the first (pick one...cantaloupe?), you’re easily going to be off by the end as the Blade travels in a line.

Back