• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

I wish I found this thread a week ago..... Like a sucker, I fell for the scam. I ordered two knives that they claimed were in stock. A Spyderco Hap40 Lum Tanto and a Cruwear Para 3. They had no problem charging my PayPal Account the $255 dollars. Of course they did not ship me these knives. Instead a $84 Delica showed up. I filed a claim with PayPal so hopefully I'll get a refund. We'll see.

Last edited:
jascolli jascolli
I hope PayPal makes you right. Good luck.

ETA: Is it true that repeating the name of the scumbag ripoff website make it more likely to pop on Web searches?

knifesilo.com is a scam.
knifesilo.com is a scam.
knifesilo.com is a scam.

People Living at
29246 N 129th Ln, Peoria AZ 85383

5 FREE public property records found associated with this address.
The most recent tenant is Wayne Hitchcock. Past residents include Candace Hitchcock, Stephanie Friedbauer, Marjorie Blease and Ralph Hitchcock. FastPeopleSearch results provide address history, property records, and contact information for current and previous tenants.
I ordered from this site. After research I immediately filed a claim with PayPal and won the case after I received a cheap knife nothing like the benchmade switchblade I had ordered. The site says they are located in Tx, knife shipped from California, and now they keep emailing me every night wanting me to ship the cheap knife to Arizona via usps. Since I already have my money back why are they so adamant about wanting this shipped usps to this address?

Wayne Hitchcock
29246 N. 129th LN
Peoria, Arizona, 85383
United States
T: 6233082143

Wayne Hitchcock
Peoria, AZ
Full Name: Wayne K Hitchcock
Current Home Address: 29246 N 129th Ln, Peoria AZ 85383
Past Addresses: Homes, Rental Properties, businesses, apartments, condos and/or other real estate associated with Wayne Hitchcock in Peoria, AZ.
2082 Dipinto Ave
Henderson NV 89052

2376 Sky Watcher St
Henderson NV 89044

2674 Rainier Ct NE
Cedar Rapids IA 52402

20360 Via Sanlucar
Yorba Linda CA 92887

5470 Copper Canyon Rd, Unit D
Yorba Linda CA 92887

10950 Church St, Unit 1822
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730

Phone: Cell/Mobile/Wireless and/or landline telephone numbers for Wayne Hitchcock in Peoria, AZ.
(623) 308-2143

AKA: Alias, Nicknames, alternate spellings, married and/or maiden names for Wayne Hitchcock in Peoria, AZ.
Wayne K Kitchcock • Mr Wayne Kenneth Hitchcock • Wayne Hitchcock • W Hitchcock • Wayne K Hitchock • Mr Wayne Hitchcock • Wayne Candace • Mr Wayne Candace

Relatives: Mother, father, sisters, brothers, spouses and/or former spouses of Wayne Hitchcock in Peoria, AZ.
Candace HitchcockEvelyn HitchcockKatharine WilkinsonRalph HitchcockStephen HitchcockWilliam HitchcockBrian WilkinsonFaith FranckeGabrielle FranckeGretchen FranckeKelly WilkinsonKrista HitchcockRichard GarmonAlma Tisinger

Guess who I bumped into this afternoon?

https://www.knifeblade.co.uk/

How do I know for sure? Same Zendesk address that my query went to. This time i was so confident it was then, my query read:

Eudifuejejrjdici of so?

After all why waste my time? Same scam site.

@mods - I recommend we rename this thread to 'list of scam sites' and make it a sticky, rather than the original name of this jokers site as it changes so rapidly.

I wish I found this thread a week ago..... Like a sucker, I fell for the scam. I ordered two knives that they claimed were in stock. A Spyderco Hap40 Lum Tanto and a Cruwear Para 3. They had no problem charging my PayPal Account the $255 dollars. Of course they did not ship me these knives. Instead a $84 Delica showed up. I filed a claim with PayPal so hopefully I'll get a refund. We'll see.

View attachment 1485902

View attachment 1485901

BTW - you probably shouldn't show your home / delivery address on a public forum (as per the image you've attached).

I recommend we rename this thread to 'list of scam sites' and make it a sticky, rather than the original name of this jokers site as it changes so rapidly.

It think it's up to D David Richardson if he wants to rename the thread, but it's a good idea IMO. As for sticky, you would want to contact a mod who moderates GB&U, or simply "report" the original post and make your suggestion in the report.

I also got duped (bestknifeshop), got shipped a Benchmade Osborne 940 that actually looks legit instead of the Para3 I paid for earlier this month. I filed a claim with PayPal with a link to this thread and was instantly refunded my money. I sent one email to bestknifeshop telling them I got the wrong knife and never heard back from them.

The smarter Chinese get help from Americans who actually know English well enough to create a site...

I am new to Benchmade and really any high end knives at all. I came across knifesilo.com searching for an Anthem and thought it was too good to be true just because they had a bunch of stuff in stock for like 40% off MSRP that no one else even has in stock. Site looks legit though...I mean they got a real cert and took all the normal forms of payment so I pulled the trigger. Ironically I had searched for them on here before buying, thinking if they were frauds I'd get some kind of hit but I guess the search is forum specific and I was not searching in this forum. I only found this thread after dealing with their 'support' and having a bad feeling about it and going on Reddit and searching for them where I found this thread, among other damning indictments.

It's surprising they are still around. Who's not going to dispute a charge that ends with no item or the wrong item? In my case I ordered and Anthem, a Gold Bugout and a Gold Foray for $1000 shipped...lol.

If once searches with Google for < knifesilo >, this thread is the top hit.

If one uses the Search function anywhere on Bladeforums, this thread is the first hit.

Actually searching only the forum you’re in is the default and that’s why I didn’t get any hits. And yeah “one” didn’t search Google.

please add https://www.knifebladeonline.com/ to the list of scam sites. I found a Spyderco Shaman that I wanted to purchase, but they had no address or phone number listed so that made me weary. I used that contact form to reach out to them and I received this email back, more suspicion. Then I found this thread and confirmed my suspicions.
Here is the auto response I got from them:

DREW JAMES MASTERS (CYBER LIMITED) <support@drewmasters.zendesk.com>
To:John
Tue, Apr 6 at 1:58 PM
This ticket was created on your behalf.

mail

John

Apr 6, 2021, 21:58 GMT+1

Hello,
I am looking to place an order for Spyderco Shaman.
I just wanted to make you had in stock.
Also I was looking for a phone number in case I have any problems.
BR
John

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

This email is a service from CYBER LIMITED. Delivered by Zendesk

Fun update here...knifesilo.com sent me a Zero Tolerance 0350BW instead of the Benchmade Anthem 781 I ordered. Nice business model.

Same is true for onlineknifeshop.com..

They have a shaman listed for $164 with m4 and g-10 but the picture isn't g-10. Instead it looks like the jade from the bladehq release

Same is true for onlineknifeshop.com..

They have a shaman listed for $164 with m4 and g-10 but the picture isn't g-10. Instead it looks like the jade from the bladehq release

Jade is G10... it's just natural, undyed G10. Jade is just a buzzword so it can be sold as something other than literally the least expensive G10 available.

Back