Knife you're embarrased to own or admit purchasing?

Perhaps I am strange, but I enjoy a wide variety of knives. They are all useful in some way, even the cheap junk makes for a good "poor example". The only way to appreciate premium knives is by seeing the difference between them and more typical knives. So I am not embarrassed by any knife. They are just things, it is how you make use them that reflect on you.

n2s

With that said, here is my worst knife

vvdcEB5.jpg
That's not even so terrible, for a wall hanger that is.

I understand the sentiment about not wanting to buy from China. However, these days most of the knives that fit my parameters are made there, namely WE/CIVIVI. While I like some TwoSun designs, my beef is that they do not sell through the normal, trustworthy avenues but only through places like amazon, ebay, and aliexpress.
I agree that TwoSun should hook up with more vendors, all I know is that whitemountain knives sells them beyond the other sources mentioned. I've gone to the local bladeshop here in Ut, Bladeops and have shown them the example posted above. They seemed interested.

On another note, I bought this Boker Plis Apex Collection 2000 for a chunk of cash. It's a Burnley design, though made in China. The action on this knife is incredible. Fits folks with larger hands perfectly. While I was handing over the cash at the blade store it was difficult, however having carried this knife there are no regrets. It is a fantastic knife, came with no QC iissues, it's perfect. 4 inches of M390.

zwJkCfN.jpg

Last edited:
Embarrassing? How about this beauty from illustrious knife maker Camillus?

It sits next to my ESEE Junglas in hopes something good will rub off from the ESEE.

My excuse? Well, there is no excuse for buying this... I don't know what I was thinking.

Note the pin holding the 'blade' to the hollow handle. Magnificent. And yes, you got ALL that when you bought the knife, just added value.

7fbca10f-ac32-4df0-86c8-7558d5ea7ae3_3.dd98453fcea57d1fb83e120e52392318.jpeg

Probably a couple various fakes. Given the price and website I pretty much knew what they were but I figure knowledge is power and wanted to have a frame of reference to compare to so in the future I could tell without a doubt the differences that makes the real one what it is and never be fooled.

Embarrassing? How about this beauty from illustrious knife maker Camillus?

It sits next to my ESEE Junglas in hopes something good will rub off from the ESEE.

My excuse? Well, there is no excuse for buying this... I don't know what I was thinking.

Note the pin holding the 'blade' to the hollow handle. Magnificent. And yes, you got ALL that when you bought the knife, just added value.

Not gonna lie, I like the looks of that little multitool in the top left. I imagine it could be quite the useful keychain tool if a quality manufacturer like Leatherman made it.

No the thing where they opened a business in the early 2000’s and started production only offering one steel (A2) then proceeded to sell said knives, marked as A2, but they were actually made of what is believed to be imported AUS-6 stainless.

super ethical, that bunch.
I thought everything from BR was A2, no matter what it's marked. At least I've heard that.

I thought everything from BR was A2, no matter what it's marked. At least I've heard that.

The one I have was very early production. It was the second model they produced after the Highland if memory serves.

the F&F is horrendous but I waited months to get it and it was my first somewhat custom-ish knife so I kept it and used it.

What makes me firmly believe that it is AUS-6 or something similar is the fact that I can’t even force it to stain. 18 years old and still as stain free as day one. Edge holding is pretty bad too.

My A2 Bravo 1 stains so I’m pretty sure that one is actual A2.

The one I have was very early production. It was the second model they produced after the Highland if memory serves.

the F&F is horrendous but I waited months to get it and it was my first somewhat custom-ish knife so I kept it and used it.

What makes me firmly believe that it is AUS-6 or something similar is the fact that I can’t even force it to stain. 18 years old and still as stain free as day one. Edge holding is pretty bad too.

My A2 Bravo 1 stains so I’m pretty sure that one is actual A2.
I had a Canadian special and it was supposed to be 3V. It had very good fit and finish, but I sold it anyway.

I agree that TwoSun should hook up with more vendors, all I know is that whitemountain knives sells them beyond the other sources mentioned. I've gone to the local bladeshop here in Ut, Bladeops and have shown them the example posted above. They seemed interested.

On another note, I bought this Boker Plis Apex Collection 2000 for a chunk of cash. It's a Burnley design, though made in China. The action on this knife is incredible. Fits folks with larger hands perfectly. While I was handing over the cash at the blade store it was difficult, however having carried this knife there are no regrets. It is a fantastic knife, came with no QC iissues, it's perfect. 4 inches of M390.

zwJkCfN.jpg

Ok, are you embarrassed to own it? 🤷‍♂️

I'm way too embarrassed to say.
Quartermaster?
As title says, super whacky or just bad knife to have, that you wish you never purchased at a first place.

To me, that's some $5 folding karambit from E-Bay I got when I was 14.

It had "super tactical" skeletonized bright red handle too, and it developed very significant blade play after my first attempt to chop into a water bottle with it (it was too small to cut it completely, and not only I was really bad at sharpening back then, but I also had no tools or knowledge to sharpen curved blade.

But that was also my first knife.
The first knife that I purchased was a Boker plus Karambit from a local sales ad. It wasn't terrible for 35 bucks, but could fit into the embarrassing/SD/tactical category. I sold it but might re-buy one for nostalgia. I guess I'm not that embarrassed about it after all.

I ended up buying a Spyderco caly 3 from the same guy and that's the one that really got me into knives. That 35 dollar Karambit was the first domino.

I wouldn't be embarrassed by owning a TwoSun as I own 5 or 6 and sure they are Chinese and I try to buy American the vast majority of the time but the ones I bought were early TwoSun and while beefy they are well made and at least original for the most part.

I would say you gotta judge a company on it's merits not where it comes from. I haven't noticed any stealing by TwoSun but I may be mistaken.

Back