• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

- KnifeMakers Scribe -

There all sent out. man what a relief. i have been stressing over these for awhile now and I'm glad i was able to get them out to you. let me know when you get them and post a comment on how you like them here on this thread.

Hy JT, maybe this is a noob question but when you are using this to mark a center line how do you go about setting it for center? Are you measuring the thickness of the steel and then measuring off the center? I've only seen and used one center marking tool so far and it automatically marked the centerline on it's own. Wondering if there is an easy way to do this with yours?

JT can you help a noob out here? :D

JT can you help a noob out here? :D

if you notice on the scribes there is little scribe lines on the side. each line is 1/32" off the table. the first line is zero and each line add 1/32". so say your knife is 1/8" thick. half of that is 1/16" so you could go to the third line from the bottom. that would put the edge of the scribe half way on the blades edge. you just loosen the screw and adjust the insert and then tighten it back down.

JT, Still have not heard from you. Would like to see where i am on the list. Thanks Mike,

JT,
Received the scribe. Looks really nice and is very easy to use. It took a while to get it, but now that I have it in hand, it was well worth it.
Thanks
Bryan

JT, just checking on what the status was on the scribes. Im a noob at this and can use all the help I can get. I'm already tierd of using bits. Thanks , Mike

Well, I finally got back to LA [Lower Alabama] and picked up my scribe, where it has been patiently waiting for me at the Post Office for almost 4 months. ;) :D

I must truly say...... this is a very well made tool.

Excellent job JT.... :thumbup:

However, you forgot to ship the "storage tube" [seen below] with mine JT.
No problem, but I do want it.
Please ship it to the same address...... provided again below.

Thank you..... :)

Chuck Pruitt
PO Box 1964
Orange Beach, AL 36561

Like i said it works great and makes a rock solid straight line. i could not be happier with how it turned out, first class all the way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here is the storage tube. The scribe needed something as the carbide is not very cheep, so it needed to be protected. Its a nice little way to store it and it can slip in your pock or sit on your self and not roll off because of the square end caps.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Thank you..... :)

Chuck Pruitt
PO Box 1964
Orange Beach, AL 36561

Let me hear from you JT................. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Haven't seen JT on here for a while. Hope everything is alright on his end. Looks like it's been about 2 weeks since he's even logged on.

sorry guys i have been so buys that i have not even been able to step in the knife shop. Teacher i will email you a bit latter.

Teacher i will email you a bit latter.

Sure thing JT.... :thumbup:

In the meantime though, please send my Storage Tube; that was supposed to come with these.... to the address listed below.

Chuck Pruitt
PO Box 1964
Orange Beach, AL 36561

Thank you........... :thumbup:

Well, for what it's worth, I didn't get a storage tube either. Not that I really need one, but if they are going to be sent out, I'd like one.

JT,

No e-mail.........
No Storage Tube..........

Were you just "jerking my chain" when you said you would email me "a bit later" ?? :confused:

Last edited:
2-24-10/post #270
this is a very well made tool.

Thank you.....
:)

Chuck Pruitt
PO Box 1964
Orange Beach, AL 36561

------------
attachment.php

3-8-10/post #271

Let me hear from you JT................. :thumbup:

3-8-10/post #274

sorry guys i have been so buys that i have not even been able to step in the knife shop. Teacher i will email you a bit latter.

3-12-10/post #275
Sure thing JT.... :thumbup:

In the meantime though, please send my Storage Tube; that was supposed to come with these.... to the address listed below.

Chuck Pruitt
PO Box 1964
Orange Beach, AL 36561

Thank you........... :thumbup:

3-19-10/post #277
JT,

No e-mail.........
No Storage Tube..........

Were you just "jerking my chain" when you said you would email me "a bit later" ?? :confused:

3-24-10/post #278
Attempt #5 to get a reply and/or STORAGE TUBE from JT.
------------------------------------------------------------
What is the holdup JT?
Still no email or Storage Tube from you.
Are you OK or has something happened to you?
Please do let me hear from you JT..................

IF yo do not have time to email.. no problem..
..just send me my Storage Tube..... end of story..... :thumbup:
Any questions?
Thank you....

Well this seems to be a shame! Yall have run JT off and I wanted a scribe! I run shirts for another web site and let me tell you it can and does get very hectic, to the point of being too much. So (I know I know I'm new here but get over that part) a little advice to the people that have not paid. I know you want one as I do but quit sending emails and pms and what not and maybe his stress level will go down enough for him to come back. He has not been on forum since the 8th. For those that have paid and are waiting on the storage tube I am sure you can find something suitable until he gets to you, but I understand your frustration, if I paid for it I want everything that I paid for. Just hang loose. At least you got the tool.
On a side note, anyone in Western NC get one I would like to see how well it works.

Pretty sure the storage tube concept was mentioned only in the design or prototype phase. It was never mentioned again, no other person has freaked out over it, and frankly the dang thing costs less than postage. Teacher, nobody got one of those and it looks like nobody expected one either.

Why you are making such an ugly fuss over a cheap piece of plastic is beyond me. Put the scribe in a baggie, a prescription bottle or a cigarette box. Problem solved.

Back