• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

- KnifeMakers Scribe -

Received mine today. It is a very nice piece of tooling. Works very well also!! Thanks even after the long wait. It was worth it.

John Lloyd

holy cow that took a long time to get there. I'm glad you like them, thy are simple but most of the times that's best.

JT I really want to know when I am scheduled to get my scribe. I have asked several times for an update and have yet to recieve one. I paid you along time ago and was on the original list of ones interested in getting one of these, I would think you would at least tell me when it is going to ship. I am moving in about 7 days and I need to know what your plans are. I understand being busy and I understand mistakes but I do not understand being ignored!

JT I really want to know when I am scheduled to get my scribe. I have asked several times for an update and have yet to recieve one. I paid you along time ago and was on the original list of ones interested in getting one of these, I would think you would at least tell me when it is going to ship. I am moving in about 7 days and I need to know what your plans are. I understand being busy and I understand mistakes but I do not understand being ignored!

Sorry my friend i did not mean for you to feel forgotten or ignored. I have been so busy but i am making head way on them. like i said in my last post, i am having to move everything over to cnc as it will make it a lot easier for me to get these done. send me your new address, this project has been weighing heavy on my mind and i need to get them finished. everyone that has payed me will get a scribe from the next batch. i am not sure how many extra i will be able to get done for the other people that want them. because first priority is everyone that has payed me. Just to let everyone else know, i will NOT be Taking money for these until i have them ready. This has been a big stress on me knowing that people are waiting and that thy have payed me. so when i have some ready to ship that is when you pay.

JT correct me if I'm wrong but the reason for the delay is that you're doing this on your off time with available machinery, and your employer's needs for the machines comes first. Presumably that's why you can't commit to a date. I think this is what's bothering people more than anything, the lack of any kind of handle to get hold of.

Hi JT, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a refund and offer up my spot to someone else, I just got laid off and need to tighten the belt as much as possible. Thanks, Jason

Hi JT, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a refund and offer up my spot to someone else, I just got laid off and need to tighten the belt as much as possible. Thanks, Jason

not a problem at all. I'm sorry for the layoff and hope you are able to find something else. It has been tight for me as well so i know how it is. I get payed on Friday but let me check my funds and see if i can get you the money be for then.

Thanks man, or if someone wanted to buy my spot from me they could just send me paypal, or however you want to work it. Thanks for understanding.

I have to say.., these scribes are ridiculously cool :thumbup: honestly guys, when you get yours you'll giggle like a little school girl with a lunch pail full 'o chocolate bars :D

Sent you an email through the forum. You don't have PM turned on.

JT, I would like to be put on the list. No rush, just let me know. I will send $ at your request. Thank you, Bradley.

Got it, just waiting to make sure that works for JT............

sorry i could have sworn i sent you an email saying thats OK. but ya thats fine, i will just need you to send me your email and address so i can cross if off the Paypal list. i will then need the name and address of who is taking your place, I would like this to come from you Norcalflat so i know you got the money and everything is good to go. be for any money is exchanged let me just do a double check on my paypal list to make sure every thing is a go.

Edit: OK I checked everything and its good for go.

Update. i just about have everything set up to run that last large batch. i have had to make some fixtures and tooling but it should allow me to pump these out now. its kinda cool as i have made a tool holder the i use in the CNC lathe that holds a center drill, a drill and a tap so i don't have to change tool holders for the tap cycle. i have also come up with an great fixture for holding the scribes for getting there index marks, which has been what has been holding me up. if i did not have to do them thy would be a piece of cake. but not as nice. so my game plan is this, i leave for Christmas vacation on like the 23rd so i am planning on having them all done and shipped and in your hands be for then. as it would make my trip so much nicer to not have that on my mind. o and i am hoping that if the new fixtures work as planed that i will have a bunch extra, maybe around 20 extra to hold over the new orders for a week or so. so things are looking good and on the up and up.

Last edited:
JT, I apologize, but can I be removed from the list. I had to go ahead and purchaase another one somewhere else, and now I just don't see the point. If thats not acceptable, I'll take this one, and re-sell it. Just let me know.

Hi JT, all worked out with Ben B. on my side, the spot is his, I will email you with his info. Thanks, Jason

Hi JT, been very busy myself , would you please give me an update on the scribes. I would still like to get a couple. Thanks, Mike

OK guys good news. I'm running production right now as we speak :D. i had to change things a bit because doing the knurling on the CNC was a pain in the ass. it kept pushing the stock back into to the collett. so i replaced the knurling with a series of grooves along the body and it looks damn sexy. i just could not keep messing around with trying to get the knurling to work so i hope this is OK. the good thing is that not having the knurling will help when i put the index marks in as i will have a nice surface to indicate on. now to run the stock out :D I will keep you updated to the progress.

Back