• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

- KnifeMakers Scribe -

Hi JT, Thanks for the update. Please put me on the list I would like two of them. Let me know where to send the money. Thank you, Mike

JT, How about a list of names to see where and if we are on the list, I put my name in a couple of months ago and I am just wondering where I'm at on it. Looks COOL. Thanks Bill.:confused:

JT sent you a PM, if you would let me know that you got the message and a delivery date I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

JT sent you a PM, if you would let me know that you got the message and a delivery date I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

yep i did, just sent you a pm.

here are a few pictures i took of the scribe body's the other day. i only had my cell phone so the quality sucks sorry. the stock i had made 16 so there will be extra. i only have 11 inserts left and will be getting more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1209091722.jpg
    1209091722.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 520
  • 1209091722a.jpg
    1209091722a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 520
JT, Thanks for pic's. I would like to see if my name is in existense on the LIST. Thanks, Mike

Hang in there JT. While I much prefer the knurled version I do understand this change. I'll live with it.

Hang in there JT. While I much prefer the knurled version I do understand this change. I'll live with it.

there is so much force being put on the lathe when knurling that it just could not hold the part.

I'm also wondering if my name is on your list. I've been a very good boy this year.

Thanks,
Lewis

yep i did, just sent you a pm.

here are a few pictures i took of the scribe body's the other day. i only had my cell phone so the quality sucks sorry. the stock i had made 16 so there will be extra. i only have 11 inserts left and will be getting more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Since you have extra, can I get one?

Sorry guys I have not been on her much this last week. Work has been so so SO busy. I guess every one wanted us to make parts for them right befor christmass. It is so crazy I have not even had time to think about scribes. So this weekend I'm going to try and pust them to the finish line. Chuck I am not sure if I got your email, send it once more. Befor I can say who gets the extra scribes I need to sit down and sort through all the tons of emails ans put a list togather. This will most likeley take place after the new year as I just am jam packed right now. Don't wory, if you want a scribe you will get one I just need to sort a bunch of stuff out and then find out how many are wanted then order the material.

It is 1AM here and i am still at the shop trying to get the scribes done. i am done with making the cool fixture to hold them so i can put the index marks in. i then will run the index program and heat treat and then ship. all this be for the 23rd :confused:. so i see some long nights ahead. just wanted to keep you updated.

Hy JT, maybe this is a noob question but when you are using this to mark a center line how do you go about setting it for center? Are you measuring the thickness of the steel and then measuring off the center? I've only seen and used one center marking tool so far and it automatically marked the centerline on it's own. Wondering if there is an easy way to do this with yours?

Another update:

I am up and running the index marks :) which means i can heat treat them tonight as well and try and ship them tomorrow. man the fixture is working great. i will now be able to make these anytime now that i have the fixtures and programs all done.

OK there out of the heat treat oven and cooling. I'm going to make it and get these out be for i leave :).

OK there all done now :D. now its time to go home and go to sleep.thy turned out very nice, you guys will love them.

ok i have a list of the scribes that go out today. this is just the peopl that have payed me and have been waiting. i will take care of everyone else when i get back.

David Larsen
Dennis Clark
Wade Holloway
Richard Dobson
Bryan Arnold
Ben Borer

that should be everyone. thy will go out today :D let me know when you get them.

Back