Knives from Louisiana makers

This is a piece that I got in today.

James Wiggins-Hammond
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Steven,

Nice addition to the collection.
Hadn't heard of Wiggins-Hammond till now.
Is that chamfering/inletting on sides of guard ?
Think I first noticed, really noticed that trend (on forged blades) was on some of Samuel Lurquin's guards.
Thanks for sharing and Congrats on the new piece.
Nice stag, too.

Doug

Doug--thanks, the maker is James Wiggins from Hammond, LA. And yes, the guard is chamfered, love the way it looks.
Wdtorque--thanks!!

Here are a few from Louisiana makers:

Here is a Outfitter Tanto Prototype by the dearly departed Frank Vought Jr. I bought this from him way back while I was going to SELU in Hammond. I have one of his brush knives also. I had planned on buying several more from him, and still have one of his fliers with prices marked on it, but sadly it was not to be.
large.jpg

large.jpg

Here is a little skinner that Mike Sanders made for me a few years back; bead blasted 440c and sandblasted silver / gray G10 handles.
large.jpg

large.jpg

These three are from Mike Gadowa, a Baton Rouge apprentice maker.

This one is mine.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

The bigger version of it and the dagger he has loaned to me to play around with.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Revolvergeek--Great looking knives....I met Mr. Godawa recently at his mentors house. Great guy and good work.

Dang, Didn't realize how many of these guys were in Louisiana. In a few years you need to add one of mine to your collection... ;-))

I got bored one Sunday morning and made a list of Louisiana makers, past and present, from 1977 till now. Some names I got from books, some from my own personal experience and there are/were over 75 Louisiana makers.

I'm From Greenwell Springs. Buying one of Dan Graves knives. He is an incredible knife maker who really does great with ivory and bone.

Clive--I am sure you will be more then pleased w/ Dans' work, plus he's a great guy!!

Clive--No sir, not this time. I will make one soon though and I would be interested in seeing that bowie too

Here is a Vought Outfitter machete I own. Very nice pattern in 3/32 thick blade stock with a 16in blade. The handles are black micarta and the blade appears to be parkerized.

Besides Shiva ki does anyone know of any othe knife maker's in Baton Rouge?
Im a beginner and im looking for someone to learn from

Back