Knives from Louisiana makers

Was pointed to this forum and old thread from another forum. I know it's a long shot but this knife would have been purchased probably in the 80's possibly in the 70s. Buyer would have been from Lafayette. Only marking is the foot. (Father's name was engraved which is blurred out). Any ideas at all who the maker might be/have been?
Thanks in advance for any clues.

20200723-100255.jpg

Knife-left.jpg

Knife-logo.jpg
Yes sir Mr. GeauxLSU. That knife is Big Foot knives made by Frank Vought Jr. out of Hammond, LA. I would say you are right, 1980’s. Great looking knife

Yes sir Mr. GeauxLSU. That knife is Big Foot knives made by Frank Vought Jr. out of Hammond, LA. I would say you are right, 1980’s. Great looking knife
Thanks! Quick google doesn't show that logo. I see other logos with his name but not the foot. Is Mr. Vought still around? Is there a website I'm missing? Thanks again.

First, no, Frank is no longer w/ us. He had a couple different marks for his knives. I have Plenty of reference books but mostly knowledge of Louisiana makers

medium800.jog

Last edited:
Here are a few from Louisiana makers:

Here is a Outfitter Tanto Prototype by the dearly departed Frank Vought Jr. I bought this from him way back while I was going to SELU in Hammond. I have one of his brush knives also. I had planned on buying several more from him, and still have one of his fliers with prices marked on it, but sadly it was not to be.
large.jpg

large.jpg

Here is a little skinner that Mike Sanders made for me a few years back; bead blasted 440c and sandblasted silver / gray G10 handles.
large.jpg

large.jpg

These three are from Mike Gadowa, a Baton Rouge apprentice maker.

This one is mine.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

The bigger version of it and the dagger he has loaned to me to play around with.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg
Hi, do you have any info on this ??? I bought it a long time ago and never used it !!!

Doug Ezell from Iowa, LA makes some nice fixed blades. He trained with the late Glen Marshall of Mason, TX, and also still trains with Johnny Stout of New Braunfels, both Blade Magazine legends.
I made a cardboard pattern of a handle from one knife and a blade from another, and Doug made the knife with Ironwood scales. Also made a nice Kephart for me. I am new here and don't know exactly how to upload photos yet, but he has photos on his fb page.

Bayouace..... yes sir, I have his name on my list. Haven’t been able to reach him through Facebook I sent him a few messages but no response

Doug Ezell from Iowa, LA makes some nice fixed blades. He trained with the late Glen Marshall of Mason, TX, and also still trains with Johnny Stout of New Braunfels, both Blade Magazine legends.
I made a cardboard pattern of a handle from one knife and a blade from another, and Doug made the knife with Ironwood scales. Also made a nice Kephart for me. I am new here and don't know exactly how to upload photos yet, but he has photos on his fb page.

Back