Knives Shipping

Brian - I’d be interested in a knife if you have access to the original “neck knife” sheath.

What handle materials are available and how much will they be going for?

received my EK&T Companion today and I am blown away. Really couldn't be happier with it - amazing design and execution, worth every penny. A lot went wrong in this run but Brian kept at it and man did he deliver! I hope to see more from EK&T and Mr. Evans because this really floats my boat. Welp time to cut up an apple! Cheerscompanion 4.jpg

received my EK&T Companion today and I am blown away. Really couldn't be happier with it - amazing design and execution, worth every penny. A lot went wrong in this run but Brian kept at it and man did he deliver! I hope to see more from EK&T and Mr. Evans because this really floats my boat. Welp time to cut up an apple! CheersView attachment 815949
I'm really glad to hear that; now I'm really waiting for customs to let it through :D did it come with that edge?

Why havent I received a tracking number ? This is getting ridculous. Everyone seems to be getting their knife and I cant get a email back from Brian. :mad:

Why havent I received a tracking number ? This is getting ridculous. Everyone seems to be getting their knife and I cant get a email back from Brian. :mad:
I sent your knife. Stamps.com sends tracking numbers automatically, there has been one other person that didn't get one. Everyone else got their tracking number. Hold on a second and I will go find it in the database.

Brian do you know the rockwell the heat treater used? Thanks, I'm loving the knife been wearing it since I got it.

I would also take an original sheath although I did drill a hole in this one and have been neck carrying it without issue

So I got mine and it is very nice. I am kinda out of the knife scene at this point so I don’t really have a use for it. If anyone wants mine still brand new with jade scales let me know.

Livengood 4 at hotmail

I'll take it.

Hey B Brian.Evans , just sent you an email with subject "Companion shipping problem", because tracking says it's been delivered December 22nd but I'm yet to receive it.

So, yeah, just got the knife from customs.
First off: the knife itself is nice. It has some good ergos, with smooth G10 and coarse micarta(even though this coarseness leads to the olive micarta to being more beige), and the polished edge is a nice touch. But that's about where it stops.
First off: the G10 liners
with them installed you get a really ugly edge between liners and tang. Yeah, definetly won't use those.
The finish has some flaws, all along the spine there are spots that look like some minor pitting, especially bad in the finger choil.
I tried to capture it, but was only capable to do it with limited success:
E8H9bsc.jpg

Next up: The grind
Yes, it's nicely polished, but I'd rather have gotten a coarse grind that's completely even on both sides and even though its polished it seems rather dull, but that's something one can fix. Oh and there's still polishing compound on the edge...
ya9GHSw.jpg

And with that, on to my last concern: the sheath
Brian, the sheath is laughable. It's rattling, it has some indentations from clamps or something(i guess?) and where you insert the knife it looks like it bumped against the belt grinder after being finished, and worst of all: it doesn't retain the knife for shit.
Yes, that is without the liners in place even though the sheath is probably made for use with liners; but even with liners installed it isn't much better.
It just feels like some taped together cardboard that's supposed to be a sheath. And that's all apart from the fact that the design isn't the one from the original run; you know, the one that was pictured on the indiegogo-page. You'll really have to make this right somehow Brian.

Actually have another gripe: Just sharpened it, edge angle was somewhere beyond 30dps(far beyond, guess 35+).
kEm618j.jpg

Compared to 17dps on a comparable knife(that imo is already rather fat behind the edge); ¾ wider bevel. So yeah, not exactly ground thin.

Hi Brian,

I know you are probably exhausted from this Gen 2 run for the Companion. The knife is really great, could have been sharper but that's fixable, I love the carbon fiber and jade scales. But, I am really disappointed with the sheath and the lack of a tool to change the scales and the lack of a good chain, which was promised in the original Indiegogo campaign. Mainly the sheath, it is too loose and not made like the original sheath and doesn't hang right when I use it as a neck knife which is what it was created for. I really think you should have the sheath remade and send them to everyone that bought a knife!

Now that I have had the knife for a little bit of time I can give it a little review.
My first impressions.
I was very excited to receive the package in the mail. I was not disappointed after opening the box. The knife design and feel.in the hand is great. The cutting edge was sharp. I quickly sharpened it though. I re-profile all of my knives.
I am very excited to see how well this knife holds it's edge. The reason for this, is when I was sharpening the knife I could tell that the steel was hard. My diamond stones took a little longer to remove material than other knives. (This reminded me or sharpening cpm m4). I believe that it will hold an edge for a long time.
One thought I had was if it is so hard will it chip. That thought quickly left, I do not abuse my knives so I shouldn't have that problem.
My sheath retains the knife well, it is not loose and the knife will not fall out with shaking. I also never planned on using the sheath, I'm not a huge kydex fan. I was planning to make my own sheath. As far as chain I don't need one. I hate wearing anything around my neck and never intended to use this as a neck knife.

The scales I received are beautiful. It came with the carbon scales on. I love how they look so I have not been tempted to change them. Talking about scales there has been talk of disappointment because they did not receive the scale tool. I do not recall that being in the campaign (correct me if I'm wrong).
Overall I am pleased with the knife and have incorporated it into my daily carry.
Thank you Brian

I received my knife last week. LOVE the look and feel of it, exactly the sort of knife I wanted. The rounded tang that extends slightly beyond the scales is a nice touch. And the red scales really pop. Unfortunately, I'd have to echo some of the same concerns here.

Doesn't bother me: Slight pitting in some places, no chain, maybe some very minor flaws in the grind.
Somewhat bothers me: Laser engraving not properly aligned, lack of tool, cheap-ass packaging
Really bothers me: The loose, not as promised sheath. It's nothing that some boiling water can't fix, but still... disappointing.

I don't doubt that Brian is a good guy, and I'm so glad we got there, but it's those little inattentions that once again let the whole thing down.

But hey, again, I'm just so bloody glad I have my knife now.

Back