Knives Shipping

So, Brian, are you just going to ingore the critique some people brought up?

"I am so ready for it to be over and all of you have your knives. This has been a horrible time."

Good luck
I already wrote Brian off as a pos that won't stand by his world (Which is reflected in the review I wrote). So there's no luck needed

Hmmm. Last visited BF on Friday. Last posted in your own forum six weeks ago. Several complaints which have been ignored.

Please let us all know if you're truly done, hey.

So, Brian, are you just going to ingore the critique some people brought up?

The sheaths are what they are. I didn't know they were going to be taco instead of pancake, and there is nothing I can do about them now. The sheaths are set for lined knives or unlined knives. If you take liners off a knife and put it in a sheath made for an lined knife, of course it will be loose.

As far as the point not being pointy enough or the grind being thick; a few don't like the point and a few think it's too thick behind the edge. I am not happy about the edge being so thick. Again, what do you want me to do about it? If they ever get made again, they will be thinner behind the edge.

Am I done? Probably so, yeah. My day job will be demanding more and more of my time in the coming months and year and I don't have the heart to continue after two years of work and pain to have a few very vocal people shit all over it. I lost about $20,000 on this project due to delays and re-do's. I'll still make knives here and there for personal use, but I don't know if I will ever sell one again, especially direct to customers. If I had a distributor or two I might consider it, but I don't have the stomach to do this anymore.

The sheaths are what they are. I didn't know they were going to be taco instead of pancake, and there is nothing I can do about them now. The sheaths are set for lined knives or unlined knives. If you take liners off a knife and put it in a sheath made for an lined knife, of course it will be loose.

As far as the point not being pointy enough or the grind being thick; a few don't like the point and a few think it's too thick behind the edge. I am not happy about the edge being so thick. Again, what do you want me to do about it? If they ever get made again, they will be thinner behind the edge.

Am I done? Probably so, yeah. My day job will be demanding more and more of my time in the coming months and year and I don't have the heart to continue after two years of work and pain to have a few very vocal people shit all over it. I lost about $20,000 on this project due to delays and re-do's. I'll still make knives here and there for personal use, but I don't know if I will ever sell one again, especially direct to customers. If I had a distributor or two I might consider it, but I don't have the stomach to do this anymore.
The answer of someone that truly cares...

Thanks Brian, at least we know where things stand. I know it's been like a Greek tragedy, and I understand why you're done. I don't know how I would have done it, and that's without all the extra shit you've had to deal with. We just needed to know mate.

I know there's been a lot of frustration, but as always, I'd encourage people not to be too mean or bitchy in their posts. I hope I didn't come across that way (ahhh, the joys of online communication...).

SV-97 SV-97 I see have a craftsman membership. What do you make other than noise?
Service Provider; CAD stuff and programming. I make noise because such behaviour, as it was shown here, from a businessman isn't professional. The product delivered wasn't the one advertised.
I honestly am sick of Brian being defended. Have you guys never done business? How can you not be enraged by this?

Because he is a part of this community who made good in the end. Indigogo gives him an out to screw people, which he didn't. A factory took his money and he found another before he secured a full refund. He went $9,000 over budget and he made every fucking knife. And he did it while dealing with a divorce and change of job. He had every opportunity to abscond with the money. He got into this not to make a massive profit, but to make his knife. He did that. He did that through mounting pressure and constant ridicule. Brian may not have done everything right the whole way, but he never took the easy way out. He never cheated anyone. I'm an impatient guy so I'm hard pressed to pay upfront for a knife that takes more than a month to get to me, but I'd give him my money any day and know that he would get me a knife eventually if it cost him twice as much. I agree that the process sucked and the first knife was nicer than the second, but despicable Brian Evans is not.

People seem to forget that Brian has a life outside of EK&T, and he is only one person and one person can only do so much. I've lived long enough to know that things happen in life beyond one's control, and when it rains it pours. I've said before that I'm very happy with the knife, and I still am. I wish it wasn't so thick behind the edge, but it is what it is. I've looked past that because I love the design so much and how it feels in my hand. Perhaps I will send it to someone for a regrind someday, who knows. My sheath retains the knife well enough, I usually just pocket carry. There are other things I could nitpick like the slightly uneven grind or the G10 scales being slightly uneven, but I didn't buy the knife expecting it to be PERFECT. In the end, Brian delivered and it's a damn fine little knife, albeit imperfect :eek:.

People seem to forget that Brian has a life outside of EK&T, and he is only one person and one person can only do so much. I've lived long enough to know that things happen in life beyond one's control, and when it rains it pours. I've said before that I'm very happy with the knife, and I still am. I wish it wasn't so thick behind the edge, but it is what it is. I've looked past that because I love the design so much and how it feels in my hand. Perhaps I will send it to someone for a regrind someday, who knows. My sheath retains the knife well enough, I usually just pocket carry. There are other things I could nitpick like the slightly uneven grind or the G10 scales being slightly uneven, but I didn't buy the knife expecting it to be PERFECT. In the end, Brian delivered and it's a damn fine little knife, albeit imperfect :eek:.
The knife could have been a lot better but he did get it to us. In the end I have to admire Brian for finishing what he started,not perfect but better then nothing.

I always thought that Brian tried to do to much to fast . If your a custom knife maker and make knives to order with your own two hands you can control most outcomes with your skill and ingenuity and trial and error . Or you become a manufacturer ... Which ultimately you became and that was your downfall . You were trying to put one knife into the hands of multiple people with different needs . I applaud you for finishing your run but at the end of the day you should have just stuck to small hand made batches that you actually ground yourself . Making knives is not a rockstar job like some people believe . Its a lonely dust filled environment that actually pays very low after all is said and done . It costs many guys their marriages and sometimes puts them into bankruptcy . If its something that you just have to do then my advice would be to make them one at a time and then put it up for sale taking no orders or money up front .

I like what Marko3 said, stay small and only produce a few at a time and post up for sale when you want and time permits, no money up front, and you can better control overhead costs of materials, and good quality and you get to experiment and be creative. I applaud him for finishing up and seeing it through with all the life changes going on. Still a cool knife. I will have to get one someday.

Back