Last Minutes Gift for 12/21

Thanks all for the kind words. I've been waitin for a nice Hanshee for a bit, certainly the wait was worth it. Auntie has the Kami's working on a few special orders when ever their time permits, I'm in no hurry. I believe those that like larger knives/khukris will appreciate their renditions. I will keep all apprised and supply plenty of pictures when they arrive.

Thanks Bigbore. It's smaller and lighter than what I usually work with. I usually prefer the khuks in the 15 to 17 in and 22 to 27 ounce range, but, for some reason this one is calling to me.

If I can't find a use for it, it's definitely pretty enough my daughter will like it. She's only 7 1/2, so it will be a good while and under serious supervision if that happens, though.

I've noticed quite a few blades by Kesar lal's son Argune lately. It's really nice to see him carrying the family tradition.

Last night I sent a hesitant inquiry to Auntie about the Manjushree to see if it was still available. I got a reply less than 10 minutes later, but was already fast asleep :D well, long story short,

DD Manjushree! Just could not resist this one. I'm a snake guy, and I've passed up a couple of these with a nice dragon carved in the handle. This one at a perfect ounce/inch ratio was the last straw so to speak. However this will also be the last one for now, possibly til my custom kitchen knives come in. I used my very last teeth to chomp this sword, and now I ain't nothin but a gummy shark. Guess I need to think about a little sword rack..

Sleeper, I have a 12" Siru. It's a very cool little knife. Mine hasn't gotten much use yet, but I finally got around to putting it in the kitchen the other day, and it's already been grabbed since then :) scabbard is pretty tight on mine, but the blade is quite sharp. It bit me pretty deep when it was new. You're gonna like that blade.

Last night I sent a hesitant inquiry to Auntie about the Manjushree to see if it was still available. I got a reply less than 10 minutes later, but was already fast asleep :D well, long story short,

DD Manjushree! Just could not resist this one. I'm a snake guy, and I've passed up a couple of these with a nice dragon carved in the handle. This one at a perfect ounce/inch ratio was the last straw so to speak. However this will also be the last one for now, possibly til my custom kitchen knives come in. I used my very last teeth to chomp this sword, and now I ain't nothin but a gummy shark. Guess I need to think about a little sword rack..

Sleeper, I have a 12" Siru. It's a very cool little knife. Mine hasn't gotten much use yet, but I finally got around to putting it in the kitchen the other day, and it's already been grabbed since then :) scabbard is pretty tight on mine, but the blade is quite sharp. It bit me pretty deep when it was new. You're gonna like that blade.

Glad you got it, because I was really fighting my yearning for it. You know HIKV is bad when your thinking of sharking when on vacation, like I am now...:(

You got a gem there buddy!!! The sheath is perfect, the polish is perfect, the carved handle is just icing on the cake. The fullers are breath taking as well. Congrats

Hello John,

Your special order 7'' MMB had arrived here today.
Email me your mailing address and will ship today.
Thank you for your patience

Thank You very much!!.. I will send you my shipping address right away.
It was great talking to you today, i appreciate all your hard work, and the amazing work of the Kamis.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Very interested to see those kitchen knives. I've gone into HIbernation for a bit but may have to come out to get some of those. The sketches looked neat and the steel always looks even better.

Beautifully done 17 inch 27 ounce Bura Hanshee by Purna. Horn handle. $145. *SOLD*

16.5 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish Farm Knife by Arjune. Satisal wood handle. $185.

14.5 inch 10 ounce Reti Knife by Kumar. Horn handle. Lite and fast knife for $80.

21 inch 37 ounce Chitlangi by Lachhu. Horn handle. Bonus buy at $139.

16 inch 21 ounce Gopte by Dhan Kami. Sheath, Karda and chakma are missing. $40. *SOLD*

29 inch 46 ounce Tarwar by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Usual fine work by Kumar. 10 minutes worth of rust removal time makes it near perfect. True combat Sword at $175.

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served
I am going to post office to ship Knives and will take care of your order this evening.
Thank you all for your patience

Last edited:
Beautifully done 17 inch 27 ounce Bura Hanshee by Purna. Horn handle. $145.

16.5 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish Farm Knife by Arjune. Satisal wood handle. $185.

14.5 inch 10 ounce Reti Knife by Kumar. Horn handle. Lite and fast knife for $80.

21 inch 37 ounce Chitlangi by Lachhu. Horn handle. Bonus buy at $139.

16 inch 21 ounce Gopte by Dhan Kami. Sheath, Karda and chakma are missing. $40.

29 inch 46 ounce Tarwar by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Usual fine work by Kumar. 10 minutes worth of rust removal time makes it near perfect. True combat Sword at $175.

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served
I am going to post office to ship Knives and will take care of your order this evening.
Thank you all for your patience

That Tarwar is beautiful and a bargain!

Thanks BB!
I wanted to pull the trigger on the one you got but withstood the temptation.
This time not such luck :D

Moparsbob, you should like that ghopte. I have one with a curved handle a friend surprised me with from the Black Friday DOTD and that thing takes a crazy sharp edge. The sweet spot on mine doesn't seem as hard as my other khuks, but it's easier to sharpen. I wiped the blade down on mine with lime juice just to see the hardening pattern, and you can tell which side the water was poured on by small splash patterns on the edge of the hamon. The resulting patina from the lime juice was easily rubbed off with some 5000 grit sandpaper from auto zone, but the hamon remained. It's become one of my favorite users just due to the ease of sharpening.

Larue, congrats on the hanshee. That thing looks like a giant razor sharp claw!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I hope you all know by now that pictures will be posted upon it's arrival :)

LaRue, I love how there was only a 10 min gap between your first post and your EMS post. I do that all the time haha glad I'm not the only one.

Oh and I wanna make it known that if Auntie were not such an awesome and wonderful person, I may not have been able to snag that beautiful sword. I'm truly thank for for her and the way she runs her company :) Thanks again Yangdu!

Back