Lets see opinels - Pic Thread

Here's the opinel that has come to my collection .The other one I have is much smaller
dbab121e119ec0fc76adead970592603.jpg
d20ee4f06c53c0b23b7be8a22876b916.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Here's my Opinels & friends:
Opinels.jpg

Opinel: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 Junior, 8, 9, 13
Taramundi folder
Svord Mini Peasant
Albacete Navaja
Damascus/Pakkawood Laguiole

Reactions: vba
That's a real looker, Al! Fantastic score! :thumbup::thumbup:
That's not the "standard" beechwood handle, is it?? Do you know what it is? The grain is sweet!

- GT

That's a real looker, Al! Fantastic score! :thumbup::thumbup:
That's not the "standard" beechwood handle, is it?? Do you know what it is? The grain is sweet!

- GT

One good looking Opinel. I believe it is an Oak model.

Thanks guys...I'm thinking oak as well, but I'm not sure, but what I do know is that it weighs 2.8 ounces, almost twice what most No 8's weigh; and it does feel heavier than my other Opi's.

The weight would be another reason that it is oak. I don't have scales to test mine.

My only one. Look a little lonely guess I need to pick him up some friends.

gF6SP00.jpg

Picked up another. A No. 6 Inox in a box with bubinga handle. One side has "Val Thorens Tours" and the other side has "SETAM". It is a tour company in France.

#8 pipe knife!

Still got plenty to do it, but this is as far as I got today after I gathered some regaining strength..

I lopped the bottom and flattened it so it can be used to tamp, cut the blade down and rounded the tip so it doesn't scratch the bottom of the bowl, angled the spin so it can ream, cut out a notch so the nail nick can be reached, rehsaped the handle, restained it and waxed it and reedged the blade.

I'm gona dig out some thin steel for the tamp plate tomorrow, polish the blade, sort out any rough edges ont he blade and find my carving kit to add a colrosed pipe detail on the side. :D

Back