Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Frazer’s fantastic UF sheath :thumbsup::)
Dwc0XT9.jpg

Guys, quick and stupid question.
I saw some sheath with the frog, I think it's called Sam Browne stud. Are you supposed to wear this type of sheath IWB, and the stud is catching on your belt?
On most sheaths with the stud I did not see any other attachment point, so is it just slide it in between your leg and belt and that's it?

Guys, quick and stupid question.
I saw some sheath with the frog, I think it's called Sam Browne stud. Are you supposed to wear this type of sheath IWB, and the stud is catching on your belt?
On most sheaths with the stud I did not see any other attachment point, so is it just slide it in between your leg and belt and that's it?

Yes just slide the sheath behind the belt or IWB, and the stud keeps it from sliding down. It’s also called sash carry because people used to carry behind a sash. Some have a shock cord that can be attached to the belt to keep the sheath from coming out with the knife when you draw it. Otherwise you have to hold the sheath with your other hand. I like the ones that only have the blade inside the sheath, not part of the handle, these usually can be unsheathed without holding or a shock cord. Of course, these do not have as much retention as the ones with the handle in the the sheath, but they sure draw nice. An excellent example would be this UF sheath Frazer made for me.
Hef9Ex6.jpg

Here’s a great example from Paul Long of a sash style for my Shiv that has part the handle inside the sheath. I requested a shock cord.
EKztBF3.jpg

Last edited:
I feel the need to give a big shout out for @cpirtle and his amazing leather work. Here is my small collection of CPK sheaths that Chad has made for me over the last few years.

Some alligator accent and a buffalo overlay:

i-kd2K39z-XL.jpg

The two alligators:

i-q5G9zB9-XL.jpg

My four Pirtle sheaths together. The one on the far right is a sharkskin overlay.

i-tQsqqLM-XL.jpg

These certainly won't be my last sheaths from Chad. They are worth the wait when he opens his books again someday.

Phil

Last edited:
I feel the need to give a big shout out for @cpirtle and his amazing leather work. Here is my small collection of CPK sheaths that Chad has made for me over the last few years.

Some alligator accent and a buffalo overlay:

i-kd2K39z-XL.jpg

The two alligators:

i-q5G9zB9-XL.jpg

My four Pirtle sheaths together. The one on the far right is a sharkskin overlay.

i-tQsqqLM-XL.jpg

These certainly won't be by last sheaths from Chad. They are worth the wait when he opens his books again someday.

Phil
Very sweet! :cool:

Chad’s sheaths are my favourite. I’ve actually sold off my others in favour of his designs.

Back