- Jul 7, 2011
First sheath that I made in a 3 years.
Turns out meh...
Loop should have been much higher. And the stitching could be less dense.
I let it dry out and I guess I will use some, but it could have been much better.
You can gather information on internet, but this is truly learning by doing experience.
seeing that phat welt for that scary as hell blade makes me happy
I overdone the retention a bit.
I tried the Loveless cam, and it does really work, but I wonder how the long term durability will be.
3,5 mm veg tanned leather, Fiebing's light brown, conditioned with coconut oil with beeswax and a final coat of Resolene
I am quite happy with the results, but I messed up stitching a bit in one place.
Such is life of a pancake.
You had me at horsebutt.........Well, many of you may be familiar with Matt Gregory. Some say he and Nathan are evil twins from different mothers.
You may not know Matt’s much more pleasant half and guiding light, Jill. She is very talented, has been very gracious and welcoming when I’ve had the pleasure of visiting, and quickly becomes adept at anything she puts her mind to. Jill decided to begin making sheaths, a while ago, since Matt throws a hissy fit every time the word is mentioned.
Pictured (Matt does take very nice pictures, you should check out his photography, and knives), is my new Behemother with Jill’s latest sheath. I couldn’t be happier with it! Beautiful and creative design and incredible workmanship. This one took quite a bit of time to hand stitch. The exterior is Horween Horsebutt leather with a “Hammered Croc” imprint panel. The liner of the sheath is a veg-tanned leather. Without further adieu....
View attachment 1528474 View attachment 1528475