LETS SEE YOUR EVERY DAY BEATER KNIFE

RV5OGIN.jpg
Legendary shot! Is this just the standard S30V blade? I've got a titanium Millie, and would love for it to look like this one day. Did you force the wear and patina, or is it (hopefully) natural?

Legendary shot! Is this just the standard S30V blade? I've got a titanium Millie, and would love for it to look like this one day. Did you force the wear and patina, or is it (hopefully) natural?

It's an M4 blade swapped into the titanium Millie handles. It's a natural patina from cutting fruit, food, etc.

This M390 Delica looked like a true beater until 2 days ago. It was dirty, a screw was missing in the clip, the scales are worn, the blade was horribly scratched and about half the black was missing on the clip. Started with 220 grit and finished with 3000 grit hand sanding the blade. It's not a great polish job but it sure looks nicer than it did. Sanded the clip which had the benefit of leaving the Spydie logo nicely highlighted. Cleaned it up and reprofiled to 15 degrees. Finished by stropping to a nicely mirrored edge. I am very happy with the makeover. I wish I had taken a before photo.
Delica.jpg

Last edited:
Over 100 year old folder that I carry everyday as a secondary.. blades are still tight as a drum as well with no side to side play. The reason I carry it because its ease to sharpen + edge holding is still better than any modern iv'e known.

Shrade Cut Co. Stamp dates to approx 1915.
C7A3446E-74DE-41B8-81E3-32E0FBE1543B.jpeg

Over decade of dishwasher machine cycles faded the black grips.
8AB7B59D-260E-45F9-BFE3-030E36EC7C72.jpeg

Even clip titanium clips black coating washed off. I think it looks better this way. I noticed that dish washing machine cycles tend to take out small scratches that knives get.

Back