LETS SEE YOUR EVERY DAY BEATER KNIFE

The old Browning Barracuda on top is beat up, scratched up, and the clip is gone. The Cold Steel Medium Twistmaster in Carbon V is broke in well but still razor sharp! The Buck 301 on the bottom was carried everyday for probably five or six years while I worked at a service station and in an oil refinery in the mid/late 1970’s.
That 301 probably saw a lot of practical use being you worked at a service staion and iol refinery. I once worked at a service staion and remember co-workers pocket knives being pulled out more times in one day that I could count.

19676D93-4F02-4F36-AA0B-744D3E68B8EC.jpeg
I bever owned a code 4. And I am probably one of the few people on this forum that like AUS-8.

A few more of my Cold Steel beaters in aus-8a.
This along with Victorinox steel and 4116 are probably my most used steels.
I too fall in the category of liking aus-8.

I have plenty of knives in newer steels but for the real dirty and tough stuff I go with what I have used for years now.

I bever owned a code 4. And I am probably one of the few people on this forum that like AUS-8.
Love the Cold Stills AUS-8, this guy see a lot of use and have some very sentimental stories behind. Still rock solid and sharp :)
BE21TaI.jpg

Love the Cold Stills AUS-8, this guy see a lot of use and have some very sentimental stories behind. Still rock solid and sharp :)
BE21TaI.jpg

In for a "sentimental" story on this. Looks like it has seen some honest carry use.
I really like the look of this knife..what model? What is that skull crusher exta ..or factory?

View attachment 1375661

A few more of my Cold Steel beaters in aus-8a.
This along with Victorinox steel and 4116 are probably my most used steels.
I too fall in the category of liking aus-8.

I have plenty of knives in newer steels but for the real dirty and tough stuff I go with what I have used for years now.
No. Stop. Dont like aus8...

It's a crap steel....

End sarcasm.
Resume knife enthusiasm.

In for a "sentimental" story on this. Looks like it has seen some honest carry use.
I really like the look of this knife..what model? What is that skull crusher exta ..or factory?
Thanks :) This is old version of the CS AK-47 in aluminium that was in production till 2009. The scull crusher is factory design.
This knife was one of the first that I bought when I open the knives world for my self, and the role of it was to be my companion in all outdoor and SHTF situations. Well this buddy do all this well and approves his name for a 100% - tough and reliable as AK-47.
About stories... English is not my native language, but I will try to tell one :)
It was ten years ago. Once my friend ask me to join him on a catfish hunt. It was a long hundred mile trip to the “special place were the huge catfishes existing for sure”. Our way goes thru rice fields, and we drowned down our car in the mud between couple of this fields. There are was some bushes around, so I take my trusty knife and chop a huge bunch of branches to make a some sort of flooring under the wheels. After four hours of fighting, dirty but happy we was free to go. The same night with the scull crusher of the knife I calmed down the giant catfish that we catched. Then I cleaned it and cut on pieces including nice steakes. The rest of the night we spent in conversation sitting by the fire. We enjoyed fresh catfish steaks, drank cognac and made plans for the future.
Three years later my friend passed away.
When I hold this knife in my hand I remember all that time that we spended together, young and happy, and this is only one of the stories that my old Cold Steel can tell.

Here’s another from a few years ago...thinks it’s on an older “hard use” thread...
jkk5F6h.jpg

this is the worst! Because tomorrow you have to start with a new watery can.

I like MegaLoc for most water applications, but I stick to Pro Dope when steam fitting. RealTuff is good too, but doesn’t clean up as good as MegaLoc or Pro Dope

For steam pipes we only use BlueMonster tape. We were having to go back and skim endlessly. With the tape only. We skim once or twice at most.

10 years, 3 regrinds, multiple reblasts, replaced detent (result of falling 7-8 feet from the roof).

So that works out at 0.061 cents per day of carrying this knife or $45 per annum.

52-D39-F22-8-C0-C-4-C7-D-93-B3-88173-F7113-B5.jpg

9-DE6-A044-08-B6-49-B3-A572-6-CF939-F1-E95-E.jpg

Used to cut silicone carbide wet and dry sandpaper ranging from 800-2000 grit and to deburr lock cutouts after milling a lot as well.

06B37F1C-4BA8-44F4-AF97-2410FFACE9CE.jpg

Thanks :) This is old version of the CS AK-47 in aluminium that was in production till 2009. The scull crusher is factory design.
This knife was one of the first that I bought when I open the knives world for my self, and the role of it was to be my companion in all outdoor and SHTF situations. Well this buddy do all this well and approves his name for a 100% - tough and reliable as AK-47.
About stories... English is not my native language, but I will try to tell one :)
It was ten years ago. Once my friend ask me to join him on a catfish hunt. It was a long hundred mile trip to the “special place were the huge catfishes existing for sure”. Our way goes thru rice fields, and we drowned down our car in the mud between couple of this fields. There are was some bushes around, so I take my trusty knife and chop a huge bunch of branches to make a some sort of flooring under the wheels. After four hours of fighting, dirty but happy we was free to go. The same night with the scull crusher of the knife I calmed down the giant catfish that we catched. Then I cleaned it and cut on pieces including nice steakes. The rest of the night we spent in conversation sitting by the fire. We enjoyed fresh catfish steaks, drank cognac and made plans for the future.
When I hold this knife in my hand I remember all that time that we spended together, young and happy, and this is only one of the stories that my old Cold Steel can tell.

I like a knife that has cool stories like the one you shared. Now I also want an aluminum
CS AK-47. I always liked aluminum grips. That is one reason I like the green Benchmade 940. I wish MORE manufacturers would choose aluminum over the G10 and other materials.

Great story. This is one of my favorite characteristics of owning and using a well made knife.

Here are three work knives that have seen varying amounts of use and abuse. I dive with the Spyderco Autonomous and it has cut a lot of fishing line, rope and nets. The yellow Spyderco is my current work knife on the boats and submarine. The Buck Yachtsman was the knife I used as Diver's Tender and on the deck when I first started Commercial Diving in the early 1970's. It has seen a lot of abuse. The blade is worn about 10% off it's width from shapening on concrete or whatever abrasive surface was available.

i-Ft2Ftdh-XL.jpg

Back