Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Thanks Jack. Yeah the Santuko is my wife’s favorite too, and she’s got more than a couple!

It's the first I've had Dave, and I'm impressed :) Of course, this one will always be special to me :) :thumbsup:

I googled Nieto barbecue knives. Looks like a G-18. Ordering it from Spain would be more than I paid on the bay, but includes leather sheath.
This is all it has to say for itself:
VYYD9PP.jpg

laPNBxs.jpg

I found a site, which gave a UK address, but judging from the preponderance of Spanish knives, and the poor English used, I suspect the knives are actually shipped from Spain. I've never come across the site. I didn't see reference to any sheaths, but that may have been an omission :thumbsup:

Edit - I checked out a Spanish site, which refers to a leather sheath.

Last edited:
I found a site, which gave a UK address, but judging from the preponderance of Spanish knives, and the poor English used, I suspect the knives are actually shipped from Spain. I've never come across the site. I didn't see reference to any sheaths, but that may have been an omission :thumbsup:
My site gives prices in Euros and has a Spanish name. Up to 18cm blade "includes sheath of leather".
I hope they provide a crappier sheath than I think likely. My knife plus sheath amount to $8 or $9 more than Spain would have cost. But I saved time and shopped comparatively local.

Last edited:
My site gives prices in Euros and has a Spanish name. Up to 18cm blade "includes sheath of leather".
I hope they provide a crappier sheath than I think likely. My knife plus sheath amount to $8 or $9 more than Spain would have cost. But I saved time and shopped comparatively local.

It sounds like it could be the same one Jer, and that you got a bargain :) Saddle the horses my friend! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I got the new sheath for the Nieto.
iZEFOpw.jpg

I'd like to complain that the new one is inferior, but I'm not sure I can.
The old Camillus has a more complex double welt tapering for ca 2/3 of the length of the sheath, but the new Kabar has a full-length single welt. The Camillus has a more commodious throat for the ricasso, and the Kabar grips the blade tighter. The Mark II would have to stretch or scrape room for the ricasso in the Kabar sheath, but the Nieto would rattle a bit in the Camillus. So everybody's happy.
QYRStii.jpg

I got the new sheath for the Nieto.
iZEFOpw.jpg

I'd like to complain that the new one is inferior, but I'm not sure I can.
The old Camillus has a more complex double welt tapering for ca 2/3 of the length of the sheath, but the new Kabar has a full-length single welt. The Camillus has a more commodious throat for the ricasso, and the Kabar grips the blade tighter. The Mark II would have to stretch or scrape room for the ricasso in the Kabar sheath, but the Nieto would rattle a bit in the Camillus. So everybody's happy.
QYRStii.jpg

Annoying when things like that happen o_O Hope you get invited for lots of BBQ this year Jer! :) :thumbsup:

Though I seem to have succeeded in absentia!
Vegan barbecues only, till I lose that last 60 lbs. It might be over 60 lbs now. Checking my records, I see I haven't exercised much for a few months.
sYSsQWQ.jpg

My exercise opportunities have got more and more limited in the past 12 months Jer, certainly not an easy time to lose weight :( Good luck buddy, I'll throw a tofu kebab on the barbie for you! ;) :) :thumbsup:

My exercise opportunities have got more and more limited in the past 12 months Jer, certainly not an easy time to lose weight :( Good luck buddy, I'll throw a tofu kebab on the barbie for you! ;) :) :thumbsup:
I find my excuses getting feebler now: it's under 40 out there, and it's dangerous for me to take a chill at my age, especially with my chronic Victorian Gentlewoman's Distemper.
If I take a chill and get my passions thwarted at the same time, that brings on the brain fever big time, for sure.
Hlm4vZ5.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the cocobolo handles, whats really a coincidence is that a Behring knife was one of my inspirations to start knifemaking around 10 years ago.
James
fmrRRIx.jpg

WqSUukB.jpg

fYNiHEA.jpg
You do lovely work! And the cocobolo-ivory-spacer-copper-fittings is, in my rather biased opinion, a wonderful combination.

I've long wanted a Scottish dirk and today I finally sated that urge.

51063710233_2d61da3b16_b.jpg

Or so I thought...I think it's had the opposite effect and instead whetted my appetite. This one is an early style dirk, without the intricate Celtic knotwork most people picture when they think of the type. She's a wonderful piece, better than most dirks I've seen sold or worn at the Caledonian Club's annual Scottish Highland Gathering and Games. It's sharp and forged from good steel. But...if this one is good, then I definitely need to get something made by Vince Evans.

;)

Back