Lets talk GEC!

View attachment 1551577 View attachment 1551578 View attachment 1551579 View attachment 1551580

A few of my favorite GEC’s including the whittler en route to Finland for Will Power Will Power . I wish I could have delivered it personally!

Dittos on the trend of lengthy multi-quotes Will ! They can be tiresome. A few people pull it off very well like GT and Jeff, but most are not interesting. Same goes for repetitive “thanks pal” or “you’re welcome buddy.” The like button handles most of that. Photos always add interest as does knife information. Constantly commenting about everything, and always insisting on getting in the last word wears thin.

A akaMatt , the scrimshaw was done by a woman named Linda Layden. I found her on Etsy. She sells knives already scrimshawed, but I mailed her my 78.

Last edited:
View attachment 1551577 View attachment 1551578 View attachment 1551579 View attachment 1551580

A few of my favorite GEC’s including the whittler en route to Finland for Will Power Will Power .

Dittos on the lengthy multi-quotes Will ! They can be tiresome. A few people pull it off very well like GT and Jeff, but most are not interesting. Same goes for repetitive “thanks pal” or “you’re welcome buddy.” The like button handles all of that. Photos always add interest as does knife information. Constantly commenting about everything, and always insisting on getting in the last word wears thin.
It’s probably been discussed somewhere in the past, but who did the amazing scrimshaw work on the last one? Most impressive!

A few of my favorite GEC’s including the whittler en route to Finland for Will Power Will Power .

Dittos on the lengthy multi-quotes Will ! They can be tiresome. A few people pull it off very well like GT and Jeff, but most are not interesting. Same goes for repetitive “thanks pal” or “you’re welcome buddy.” The like button handles all of that. Photos always add interest as does knife information. Constantly commenting about everything, and always insisting on getting in the last word wears thin.

Amazing looking knives you got there!

Multi-quote posts makes sense, it cuts down having to make a post on each quote. Though, maybe limiting it to 3 or 4 quotes would be nicer. For those that like high posts count, its counterproductive to have every quote in one post. Same goes for the like feature. Its nice to be able to use the like feature instead of making a post. Again, it helps to keep your post count own though.

Grinling March 2015

Farmer Jack April 2015

Thanks for the precise info :thumbsup:
The 38 frame hosted a number of different variants when it first appeared and many scale options. The Grinling (Clip master) Farmer's Jack as SFO and Tidioute versions, additionally, an Northwoods variant with Wharncliffe master and Pen secondary- single spring. All super desirable and it's very gratifying to see it return this year as English Whittler :cool:

I use this Tidioute Camelbone 38 a lot.

Wp6Adii.jpg

Last edited:

A few of my favorite GEC’s including the whittler en route to Finland for Will Power Will Power . I wish I could have delivered it personally!

Dittos on the trend of lengthy multi-quotes Will ! They can be tiresome. A few people pull it off very well like GT and Jeff, but most are not interesting. Same goes for repetitive “thanks pal” or “you’re welcome buddy.” The like button handles most of that. Photos always add interest as does knife information. Constantly commenting about everything, and always insisting on getting in the last word wears thin.

A akaMatt , the scrimshaw was done by a woman named Linda Layden. I found her on Etsy. She sells knives already scrimshawed, but I mailed her my 78.
Well shoot, now I’m self conscious that I’m annoying people with my comments and pictures. In fact I probably did it with this comment. :(

View attachment 1551912

Sacto Sacto , your posts are some of the best of all. Who else has bears?! You also are in a tie with Ode willard0341 willard0341 for having the best job on the Porch.

Now, that Jiki Jiki guy....well....at least he can carve bears out of wood.

Sacto Sacto , I would love to see a run of 25’s. The ultimate small knife. It carries great in the pocket, but still has a decent weight and width to it. That’s some great stag by the way and with a shield no less.

Last edited:
View attachment 1551912

Sacto Sacto , your posts are some of the best of all. Who else has bears?! You also are in a tie with Ode willard0341 willard0341 for having the best job on the Porch.

Now, that Jiki Jiki guy....well....at least he can carve bears out of wood.

Sacto Sacto , I would love to see a run of 25’s. The ultimate small knife. It carries great in the pocket, but still has a decent weight and width to it. That’s some great stag by the way and with a shield no less.
Thank you for the kind words. I was going to post these yesterday when I took them but didn't want to wear people out with it. With that being said.PhotoPictureResizer_20210423_145657.jpg we were tripping barges through Columbia lock (one at a time) you can see the other barge in the foreground. I was going to take a pic of my approach but the current was swift and I was too drawed up to grab my phone. 25k bbls of gas and cement long walls are not conducive PhotoPictureResizer_20210423_142220.jpg

Last edited:
It seems my earlier post has caused confusion, so I will clarify my concern.

If you post a picture in a picture thread such as in the ‘what traditional knife are you carrying today’ thread, then post the exact same photo, or a photo of the same knife maybe from a slightly different angle, in other threads, even discussion threads, every person who thinks there is new content on those threads will see that same post.

Sure, it happens once in a while, especially if the post is new or noteworthy.

If do you this repeatedly, time after time, with the same knives, such as occured on pages 1210, 1214, 1216, 1217, 1227, 1236 and 1237, someone may voice an objection and ask you not to, because it’s not considerate to other forum members who enjoy following conversations on this forum.

Last edited:
It seems my earlier post has caused confusion, so I will clarify my concern.

If you post a picture in a picture thread such as in the ‘what traditional knife are you carrying today’ thread, then post the exact same photo, or a photo of the same knife maybe from a slightly different angle, in other threads, even discussion threads, every person who thinks there is new content on those threads will see that same post.

Sure, it happens once in a while, especially if the post is new or noteworthy.

If do you this repeatedly, time after time, with the same knives, someone may voice an objection and ask you not to, because it’s not considerate to other forum members who enjoy following conversations on this forum.
What I take from Pt-Luso Pt-Luso 's post is that English is not his first language and he wants to be involved in our mutual hobby but feels more comfortable with pictures. Therefore I am going to understand this and enjoy what he contributes.

Knife content.
8rWJbhb.png

I appreciate that jiki, but given the reaction my post caused I thought it was important to clarify exactly what activity I was objecting to, as it seemed to have caused some people to think it was just posting knife photos.

Back