Lets talk GEC!

Wouldn't it save you some heartache by taking your own advice, and using the "ignore" option for people who's posts bother you?

The irony is that my request, which I made two times, for this thread to remain on topic due to a flood of redundant and duplicative pictures that were being simultaneously posted on other threads by a member, resulted in a number of members flaming me and in doing so, dragging this great thread even further off topic.

I am not offended by the comments above, nor the original photos, but I would like those posters to stop dragging this thread off topic. Its a thread I love reading and get a lot of enjoyment from, including because it is not, normally, filled with posts which breach forum rules. And yes, I have spoken to the mods.

Seems like GEC is moving right along with these fruit knives. I have to say, while the knife isn’t for me, those chestnut covers are turning out great.
I can’t wait to start seeing some 71 photos get put up. I thought I remembered seeing some red linen cover photos, but can’t seem to find them anymore.
While the 83’s are awesome knives, somehow the 71’s have me the most excited of this current slate. A bull *buster* was my first GEC and I do love my 71 for what it is, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm confused is posting the same picture in multiple threads against forum rules?

uDDpDYw.jpg

The irony is that my request, which I made two times, for this thread to remain on topic due to a flood of redundant and duplicative pictures that were being simultaneously posted on other threads by a member, resulted in a number of members flaming me and in doing so, dragging this great thread even further off topic.

I am not offended by the comments above, nor the original photos, but I would like those posters to stop dragging this thread off topic. Its a thread I love reading and get a lot of enjoyment from, including because it is not, normally, filled with posts which breach forum rules. And yes, I have spoken to the mods.
Come on...We're supposed to be talking about GEC...stop derailing this thread.

Back to more interesting topics.

Only slicing tonight was raw chicken (parmesan crusted), therefore I don't use a slip joint to cut it up. (I would in a pinch). The bunk house got called into serves :D. This little guy is worth every penny of the $35 it cost. I highly recommend this or one of the variants for a do everything knife in the kitchen.
6RnVbuV.jpg

Some of us enjoy his photos with our enjoyment of GEC. Photos can invoke conversation about a topic we're all interested in. I hope he continues, because there's alot of slipjoints I haven't seen yet.

Hey, i dont even understand why there are any pictures in this thread. The title is “lets talk gec”. Clearly anything “on topic” would have to be someone discussing their thoughts about the company gec. Based on that, this thread should have either been locked or faded away long ago.

oh, and a gec picture to stay on topic...

gCb1H63.jpg

As Knifehead / Kerry Hampton used to say "Time to take a Chill-Pill" ;) :D People have said what they think about this (images) and that's OK but the sniping ought to cease as it adds nothing. I mean you could also condemn others in threads for more or less showing the same knife in various poses day after day ;) Or the whole thing of constant multi-quoting which used to be frowned on but has gained traction-I find it often pointless, but...

KNIFE ON! Here's White Hot stuff, White Bone and Ivory Bone both of which mellow and darken with age, but as with most worthwhile things, it's divisive. The current debate about scales in the Forum Knife thread shows it's popular but plenty don't like it too much either . I think GEC uses the material very well indeed and although I like it in Barehead it suits double bolstered patterns as well. Lyle is responsible for both of these SFOs and credit to him for helping revive the Farmer's Jack pattern a most obscure knife and thus GEC launched the versatile 38 frame, one of their finest, in my view at least.

Thanks, Will

m92aVpD.jpg

Lyle is responsible for both of these SFOs and credit to him for helping revive the Farmer's Jack pattern a most obscure knife and thus GEC launched the versatile 38 frame, one of their finest, in my view at least.

Thanks, Will
I suppose I could look it up, but does anyone know offhand which came first on the 38 frame in 2015? Was it the Grinling or the Farmer Jack?

Only slicing tonight was raw chicken (parmesan crusted), therefore I don't use a slip joint to cut it up. (I would in a pinch). The bunk house got called into serves :D. This little guy is worth every penny of the $35 it cost. I highly recommend this or one of the variants for a do everything knife in the kitchen.
6RnVbuV.jpg

I picked up one of those and the parer with the clip blade. Great little kitchen knives!

6RnVbuV.jpg

:thumbsup: Yup! Use my clip in the kitchen regularly. Very comfortable no nonsense user
IMG_20200912_154210_copy_1128x846.jpg

Back