Lets talk GEC!

After reading John's post in the other thread, I decided to prep dinner (fajita bowls) with my 93LF. I do not have the same experience with the lack of the canted blade. Everyone is different and this one is spot on for me.
HcXhWB5.jpg

I might have to prep dinner tomorrow with the Viper.;)
Tonight's dinner (sausage with peppers and onions) was prepped with my 47 Viper. I personally enjoyed this one too. Maybe I'm double jointed, regardless this experiment has been very tasty. Which knife to use next ?;)
i40eab1.jpg

Received my Jigged Bone version today . I have received a lot of Well Made product from GEC , and this gets added to that list .
F&F , Centering , Smooth Opening , Color Match & Jigging Side to Side are all as desired . No Blades are touching the liners or other blade . Can open the Small Blades without them touching the Main blade , but you have to do it carefully . The Only Gap is where the tapered spacer ends .

Harry
Very nice Harry!:thumbsup:

There are a heap of picture threads that you regularly post photos of these same knives in. Still don’t understand why you think your knives are so special that you need to clutter up this thread with photo after photo of them.

Why are you so offended at seeing pictures of knives on a forum about knives, whose main content includes pictures of knives? There are a heap of similar complaints from you that I find incredibly tiresome. Perhaps you are the one who needs some new material?

Apparently there is an ‘ignore’ option that you can use if my posts upset you tstaut tstaut . I don’t know exactly how it works, but it may assist.

Tonight's dinner (sausage with peppers and onions) was prepped with my 47 Viper. I personally enjoyed this one too. Maybe I'm double jointed, regardless this experiment has been very tasty. Which knife to use next ?;)
i40eab1.jpg
You got a really nice looking stag 47, Jiki! It’s the one cover I didn’t try for with that run, but that one looks great. I ended up keeping an ironwood and black plum.

You got a really nice looking stag 47, Jiki! It’s the one cover I didn’t try for with that run, but that one looks great. I ended up keeping an ironwood and black plum.
LOL, I kept the Burlap and the stag. I also got the corresponding 74s, the make little mini sets I like how they did that.

Anyone else excited for the fruit knives? The chestnut looks like its gonna be a great piece.

I’m looking forward to the chestnut 89 as well. As a woodshop guy, I appreciate the variety of different woods that GEC has used over the years. In my early days of collecting mainly Case knives, wood covers were very limited. I like having a variety of traditional and some scarce wood covers in my collection as well. In the recent pics of the chestnut 89s, I don’t see any evidence of worm holes, so these covers must be recently harvested wood.

I’m looking forward to the chestnut 89 as well. As a woodshop guy, I appreciate the variety of different woods that GEC has used over the years. In my early days of collecting mainly Case knives, wood covers were very limited. I like having a variety of traditional and some scarce wood covers in my collection as well. In the recent pics of the chestnut 89s, I don’t see any evidence of worm holes, so these covers must be recently harvested wood.

Ya my understanding is that american chestnuts are all but extinct in the wild from some form of blight brought from asia. The 99's were labeled as american chestnut, so I would guess that would have to be reclaimed wood. The production schedule just notes these as "chestnut wood" so I guess could be from chinese chestnut?

I have three Canal Streets with American Chestnut that's reclaimed barn wood. I read somewhere, but can't remember where so FWIW, that GEC's reclaimed chestnut was from the same batch.

Very cool bit of US history built into each knife.

Back