Lets talk GEC!

I appreciate that jiki, but given the reaction my post caused I thought it was important to clarify exactly what activity I was objecting to, as it seemed to have caused some people to think it was just posting knife photos.
Fair enough, you and I will just have to disagree on what we consider inconsiderate.

GhJTBtU.jpg

It seems my earlier post has caused confusion, so I will clarify my concern.

If you post a picture in a picture thread such as in the ‘what traditional knife are you carrying today’ thread, then post the exact same photo, or a photo of the same knife maybe from a slightly different angle, in other threads, even discussion threads, every person who thinks there is new content on those threads will see that same post.

Sure, it happens once in a while, especially if the post is new or noteworthy.

If do you this repeatedly, time after time, with the same knives, such as occured on pages 1210, 1214, 1216, 1217, 1227, 1236 and 1237, someone may voice an objection and ask you not to, because it’s not considerate to other forum members who enjoy following conversations on this forum.

I don’t think there was confusion, man. I just can’t imagine a world where I considered his postings inconsiderate.

To keep my post somewhat relevant, I cut the winter shrink wrap off my boat today with my trusty cocobolo 15, that light plastic was no match for carbon steel.

@Camillus : If you read what the Thread Op asked people to post , one of the things were Pictures . Since you are neither the Thread Op or a moderator , pardon me for not paying any attention to what you are objecting to . Back to the real subject of GEC .
I have a number of GEC knives and I believe that they make a Great knife , such as my latest one the English Whittler . Another very well made knife .

Harry

Last edited:
Nice pic Jiki :thumbsup:

AL4QaIZ.jpg

I thought I was viewing the Old Knives thread :cool:

Super capture of this pattern, it reminds me of Norfolk knives from times long gone, hence my misapprehension ;) Some people, inevitably but it's their right; have commented on disappointment with colour, mismatched scales or jigging not being what it could; I can't see it myself as jigging sides often will be different (avoid Stag if that's your peeve :D) I've not seen a bone one I don't like the look of, the jigging is just MADE for this frame (check out some Oldies and go back to see @Augie post with that dark ribbed Stag for reference) I like the colour variations, again it brings it ito Stag realm , and the various hues of brown, ochre, chocolate look very effective to me, it's not like Red coming out Pink or Blue having huge areas of White or Grey ;)

Anyway, even those few 'disappointees' will be more than able to recoup their money as there's a lot of people who will like it :thumbsup:

Anybody knows when they are dropping the 71 micaerta?
Considering the Lemon Brite 89s are just starting to hit retailers now, the Chestnut 89s will take another 1-2 weeks, then the Red Linen 71s 2 weeks after that. I haven't really been keeping track of how fast dealers start to post from when GEC updates their cover but I think it's safe to say 3 weeks to a month from now at least.

83s are the first ive been able to preorder and thisll also be the first time i get two of a pattern. Im pretty stoked. More detail about them cant come fast enough
I was able to preorder 3 of the 83’s as well and I’m super excited because I really like this pattern and lockbacks. Depending on how well I like the jigged bone I might try trading it for a 72 just to see what size of these lockbacks would fit me best. That Bocote Wood sure sounds promising too

83s are the first ive been able to preorder and thisll also be the first time i get two of a pattern. Im pretty stoked. More detail about them cant come fast enough

I was able to preorder 3 of the 83’s as well and I’m super excited because I really like this pattern and lockbacks. Depending on how well I like the jigged bone I might try trading it for a 72 just to see what size of these lockbacks would fit me best. That Bocote Wood sure sounds promising too
Wow, you guys did well, I got a Bocote and standby on stag, now I know why!😄👍

Wow, you guys did well, I got a Bocote and standby on stag, now I know why!😄👍
I’m not going to lie, I was obsessing over my phone for a few days to make sure I was able to get in on this preorder cause I missed all the prior ones. LIKE AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION. But I’m sure glad my constant checking was able to pay off this time. I really can’t wait for them. My first GEC in stag as well, hopefully it’s a nice one! 🙏🏼

I’m not going to lie, I was obsessing over my phone for a few days to make sure I was able to get in on this preorder cause I missed all the prior ones. LIKE AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION. But I’m sure glad my constant checking was able to pay off this time. I really can’t wait for them. My first GEC in stag as well, hopefully it’s a nice one! 🙏🏼
I was a little disappointed at first that it was not going to be Micarta, really like them as users, but I’ve definitely warmed up to the Bocote. Really hoping to get a stag. I have gotten knives when on standby before, so there is still hope.🤞

Did all the #89's get produced and release I have seen the Acrylic and Glow version but I recall a wood version listed that I haven't seen anything on yet.

Back