1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I am happy to see the hotdog shield will make yet another appearance... :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    btb01 and LastRodeo like this.
  2. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    This is pretty exciting. I have been hoping for another run of these for awhile now. What makes it even better is that this run will have two blades.

Fox79, knifethetank, Frailer and 2 others like this.
  3. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    Here’s a question: Eureka Jack seems to be both a pattern and a blade combination- usually a long spear and a short needle-like wharnecliffe. Is there some historical precedent? Even the Bose/Case collaboration Eureka Jack is a similar knife.

Also I looked up lolly scramble- according to Wikipedia, it’s either a game where kids race to collect candies off the ground, or slang that someone yells before striking his buddy in the groin. I think either seems to apply.

2Dead, blademan 13, steelnut and 3 others like this.
  4. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Both definitions of lolly scramble are funny.

New Zealand and Australia have the best slang. Maybe next years forum knife (another 10 years right mods???) can have back label printed in rhyming NZ/Aussie slang.

I’m off the lappy and down to the bottle-o for a sanger and a tinny. You see where this is goin?

What is the technical name for the wavy pointy frame shape of the 29 and 92?

5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Backwards Trapper... :D

6. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Swell-Center Serpentine Balloon. As Levine says, "hopelessly awkward" name. Western States Cutlery called it the "Eureka".

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  7. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I feel “swell center wavy pointy serpentine” is more descriptive.

That will be chapter one of my new book.

blademan 13 likes this.
  8. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Oh, I was hoping for a talon reprise... :-/

LastRodeo likes this.
  9. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Nice surprise
    Antique Calico Jig Bone form an old run should still look nice today without the end cap, I'm in

image.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  10. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    :eek::thumbsup::cool:

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  11. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Hopefully these have the wrap around spring on the secondary. It's a nice touch.

Railsplitter, Ratbert and Fox79 like this.
  12. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I see the TSA SFO is listed with a stainless spring (on the TSA website). Is this a one off or is it a new practice?

13. Fox79

Fox79 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I’m going to assume that it’s a typo about the stainless steel spring.

14. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I actually have a small stockman from the 60’s or 70’s that was my grandpa’s and it has a cap lifter instead of a spey, so it is a traditional pattern. I would love to see that pattern made again.

jkwithawave, JohnDF, gaj999 and 3 others like this.
  15. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Can we see a photo?

gaj999 and EngrSorenson like this.
  16. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    For those of you who may not know what a 92 looks like : Here is one in Stag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

17. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I'm quite surprised Bill is letting another #92 go through with jigged antique calico bone. Did one up like that in 2013..

Here's hoping these will be bareheaded!

JohnDF and MCar like this.
  18. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I think they've done it a few times. Mike Latham's 77 barlows and the recent run of 43s come to mind. But, yeah, it's not common.

19. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    INDEED! We really want barehead 92s, GEC (if you're reading this), especially the Northfields!!

20. Terdl76

Terdl76 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    https://imgur.com/a/OQ4IcZ5

willard0341, Matt_WY, Ajd3530 and 4 others like this.