Lets talk GEC!

AFkUhgY.jpg

This is pretty exciting. I have been hoping for another run of these for awhile now. What makes it even better is that this run will have two blades.

Here’s a question: Eureka Jack seems to be both a pattern and a blade combination- usually a long spear and a short needle-like wharnecliffe. Is there some historical precedent? Even the Bose/Case collaboration Eureka Jack is a similar knife.

Also I looked up lolly scramble- according to Wikipedia, it’s either a game where kids race to collect candies off the ground, or slang that someone yells before striking his buddy in the groin. I think either seems to apply.

Both definitions of lolly scramble are funny.

New Zealand and Australia have the best slang. Maybe next years forum knife (another 10 years right mods???) can have back label printed in rhyming NZ/Aussie slang.

I’m off the lappy and down to the bottle-o for a sanger and a tinny. You see where this is goin?

What is the technical name for the wavy pointy frame shape of the 29 and 92?

I see the TSA SFO is listed with a stainless spring (on the TSA website). Is this a one off or is it a new practice?

A caplifter.
A stockman with a caplifter instead of a spey would be popular I think.

(I think @black mamba had one made). We Probably won't see it from GEC as that's not considered a "traditional pattern." Shame as the demand would be there. Not sure GEC has ever stepped outside the box and created a new configuration. Here's hoping.
I actually have a small stockman from the 60’s or 70’s that was my grandpa’s and it has a cap lifter instead of a spey, so it is a traditional pattern. I would love to see that pattern made again.

I'm quite surprised Bill is letting another #92 go through with jigged antique calico bone. Did one up like that in 2013..

Here's hoping these will be bareheaded!

Camel bone on a Northfield? Is that a first? I know GEC does camel bone for NW but I don't remember seeing one on one of their own before. Might just be my memory though.
I think they've done it a few times. Mike Latham's 77 barlows and the recent run of 43s come to mind. But, yeah, it's not common.

I'm quite surprised Bill is letting another #92 go through with jigged antique calico bone. Did one up like that in 2013..

Here's hoping these will be bareheaded!
INDEED! We really want barehead 92s, GEC (if you're reading this), especially the Northfields!!

Back