Lionsteel ROK - New M390 Blade Lionsteel Solid Knife

I have looked at several Lionsteel knives and never purchased. With this design, the Lionsteel team will get my money. Perfect EDC size for me, innovative clip, flipper and great steel.

Too bad for the solid titanium. I am so bored with all Ti knives o_O seems to be just me though. :)
Otherwise this one has potential :thumbsup:

Ray

I remember microtech had a clip like that. It broke often for the people that actually didn't store them in a safe.

Does the nfc show the serial number? That's a great feature to deter clones.

Last edited:
I handled this at blade. If they don’t win knife of the year, I’ll be shocked

It should!

That would make it 5 in a row for LionSteel!

2018: LionSteel ROK
2017: LionSteel SR-11
2016: LionSteel KUR Metamorphosis
2015: LionSteel TRE
2014: LionSteel/CRKT Hi-Jinx

Last edited:
A hideable clip? That's a dream come true on a big, hard use folder. I've resorted to removing the clip and adding a fob to my millie after getting annoyed with the clip while attacking wood.

Really interested to see what other knives lionsteel comes out with using this system. Flippers aren't my flavor generally.

A hideable clip? That's a dream come true on a big, hard use folder. I've resorted to removing the clip and adding a fob to my millie after getting annoyed with the clip while attacking wood.

Really interested to see what other knives lionsteel comes out with using this system. Flippers aren't my flavor generally.

The retention on the hide away clip was very strong. I have no doubts it would be favorable to anyone who doesn’t like a clip.

Looks like the flipper tab might be removable? Yet I don't see anywhere for a thumb disc. Curious.

Looks like the flipper tab might be removable? Yet I don't see anywhere for a thumb disc. Curious.

The flipper tab of ROK is removable like TRE but there’s no provision for a thumb disc. Without the flipper tab you’d have to use two hands to open the blade.

The flipper tab of ROK is removable like TRE but there’s no provision for a thumb disc. Without the flipper tab you’d have to use two hands to open the blade.

That's... odd. Kind of a strange design "feature" without allowing for a thumb disc of any sort.

Oh well, nice looking knife. Glad to see them move to M390 on this one.

That's... odd. Kind of a strange design "feature" without allowing for a thumb disc of any sort.

It’s a restriction in some countries that you must use two hands to open a locking folder.

I actually like that you can remove the thumb tab. I've gotten so used to using my traditionals that I often open some of my bigger knives with two hands because I don't like the leverage or the really long arc I have to make with my thumb to get it open. I do this with 2 of my current 4" folders and have done it with 1 or 2 more that have passed through my hands searching for a nice big, put easy to carry, folder for yard chores.

No knife of the year for the ROK, imho a solid contender this year (pun intended), but Lionsteel did snag the Manufacturing Quality Award.

Well done Lionsteel!

Spotted this blank Ti and damasteel version in a you tube vid
z4OnFxc.jpg

Awesome!

I somehow missed that this has an integral handle, price looks really good for this, really like the clip.

Honestly the thumb disc on the TRE was nearly nonfunctional, so no real loss IMHO.

Back