Lionsteel ROK - New M390 Blade Lionsteel Solid Knife

I don't usually do all-metal scales anymore, but I would love to check one of these out... it might be tempting!

I don't usually buy knives in bright colors, but the blue damasteel one looks amazing
MlS4XWl.jpg

The Lionsteel website now says 3 days. Knivesandtools told me they will be getting them around the 21st of december. So, the waiting is almost over.

The ROK has got a great finish, as usual for Lionsteel. All but the scratched ROK on the pivot. It's not in any of the marketing images. Why is that there?
mn8MHWt.jpg

The ROK has got a great finish, as usual for Lionsteel. All but the scratched ROK on the pivot. It's not in any of the marketing images. Why is that there?

That looks terrible. Terrible font. Can’t even tell it’s an “O” and not a “C” unless you already know the name of the knife, so it’s not good marketing. Looks amateurish.

Worse yet, not advertised to be there, so seems deceptive on top of it!

That looks terrible. Terrible font. Can’t even tell it’s an “O” and not a “C” unless you already know the name of the knife, so it’s not good marketing. Looks amateurish.

Worse yet, not advertised to be there, so seems deceptive on top of it!

Apparently, it is laser etched, and will be on all of them. I agree that it doesn't match the design language at all. It's a bit a a shame as the overall design looks damn cool.

How is the fit, and finish, and smoothness? It looks fantastic!

Fit an finish is outstanding. Perfect blade centering. Zero blade play. The big thing on this design is the retractable clip, and that gives the handle superb ergonomics, as when you hold it in your hand, the clip is completely retracted in the handle hence there are zero hotspots. On the other side, the sprung clip retention is not quite as strong as a normal steel or ti clip, and due to the construction, it's not a true deep carry clip.
Blade shape looks very nice to me, and as opposed to the usual convex grind on Lionsteels, this one finally is a V grind. No need for reprofiling. Oh, and it's M390 this time! Huzzah!
Action wise, flips good, although on my AL version, the lockbar is a bit to stiff to my liking.
Talking about my liking, when you close the blade it's a bit similar to the ZT0562, where you have to keep you finger a little back on the lockbar for the detent to pass. I never particularly liked that on the 0562, but will probably be called out for nitpicking.
What's important: The usual Lionsteel quality, finally with M390 instead of Sleipner, a V grind, and with a very ergonomic handle to boot due to the novelty/gimmicky retractable clip feature.

I’ve yet to find these available yet. Does anyone know when they’ll hit knifecenter, BHQ or GP?

Next week probably. As far as I know Lionsteel managed to send out the knives that were ordered through their own shop and some major dealers prior to Christmas and is already sending out more. I could be wrong but I'd bet that they will be available this month in the US. Big EU-Dealers already have all models but the damascus steel ones in stock.

Shucks you guys are getting me pumped about these. Are the titanium versions as smooth as the aluminum ones? :thumbsup:

Back