Looking for a Small EDC Fixed Blade

Too long.
I have an Izula II that I love but it's obviously too long too.

Really folks, I won't relax my 5.5" total length requirement.
Gotcha, for legal reasons or is 6’’ overall close enough? I understand, we all have our own ideas which we like to share. All in good fun hopefully.

Thanks.
Whats the best way to make it horiz carry, anybody?
If you have a kydex sheath, just go on Amazon and get a belt clip. There are many options.
This one is a called a G-Clip
wuXGObp.jpg

Easier to cross draw, nothing poking me in the side mainly.
I have bad shoulders so reaching any further back than my pocket is not fun.
Another option is a drop down attachment.....
This one drops about 3.5" and rotates 360°.
n68heQ2.jpg
VY50Rov.jpg
bmWh8E8.jpg

What are you looking at for blade length?

Another option is David Mary David Mary who is another maker-member here.

Thanks for the shout out!

Here's some examples of his work:

Maybe more to the point:

And I also started a thread in the gallery:

Couple more ideas, LTWK frontier trapper or Brisa neck knife. I did mention the Frontier first.

Last edited:
Really small fixed blades from Twosun Knives
38FbYH3.jpg

The attachments are Ulticlips. You can use them to clip the knife to your pocket like a folder.

Might want to consider sketching just what you are envisioning this knife to be so you won't get options that are too far out of what you want.

This is a custom Laramie Jackson fixed blade, overall length is fairly short at about 6 1/2" with the blade at about 2 7/8" long

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

blade is hollow ground of Nitro-V and razor sharp, stainless steel guard soldered in place

G2

For a quality small knife Dave's ( Horsewright Horsewright ) knives are thin stock and excellent working knives. And he offers very functional leather sheaths that carry well in a varity of styles. I would take him up on a phone conversation and get exactly what you want knife and sheath wise.

Most of the knives in that size are bare bones neck knives or have skeletonized handles. Not sure on the carry options. The MKM Voxnaes Mikro 1 or Mikro 2 fits the size and I think they might be M390 steel, not sure what sheaths they offer.

Here are two that are 5.5" OAL with 2-2.5" blades. The first is Z-Max with crosscut CF scales and ruby red liners. The second is S110V with CF and cherry red scales and accents. Both have tapered tangs. I need to finish the handles and make the sheaths for both.

6XNyFXr.jpg

Ai7eVS4.jpg

Lot's of nice options. I am waiting on a Flat Rock Forge Shrew to fill that same type of small fixed edc slot.

Back